MAP Sensor Boost gauge

Deeznuts

Apr 24, 2005
VA
kool how did u wire it in (parraell or series). im just guessing but i would think if the signal had to go there the boost gauge to get the the ECU it may run differently. I think the digi guage are so much cooler what kinda guage did u get?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Deeznuts;1131696 said:
kool how did u wire it in (parraell or series). im just guessing but i would think if the signal had to go there the boost gauge to get the the ECU it may run differently. I think the digi guage are so much cooler what kinda guage did u get?

I made it myself. A computer engineering degree has some benefits......

If the impedance of whatever you are tapping into the MAP sensor is high enough, it won't have a significant effect on the reading to the ECU.

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
annoyingrob;1135211 said:
I made it myself. A computer engineering degree has some benefits......

If the impedance of whatever you are tapping into the MAP sensor is high enough, it won't have a significant effect on the reading to the ECU.

so were you able to just tap into it?

or did you have to add a capacitor or something to it to keep the reading the same?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I just tapped into it, as I have very high impedance inputs on the microcontroller I fed the signal to. If you're worried about it, add a 10k resistor in series.

A capacitor would be a bad idea.