map for MS3 on 1jz-gte

golddig

Nov 6, 2014
chelsea Qc.
Thanks again hvyman...thats really helpfull

I unfortunately did not buy my MS3 from Matt at DIY being that i live in Quebec Canada i found a suplier in Sherbrook Qc. and im actualy saving a fair bit of money with shipping and base price of the unit and the exchange rates and also i will have a much closer support available since the guy lives only 2 hour from me and his offered to help me for the final tunning as soon as i get the motor running....

Im dont intend to leave this forum as you guys have helped me so much and i will start posting later as soon as i begin my project..

thanks so much for most apreciated info..

golddig

Nov 6, 2014
chelsea Qc.
Thanks Radial.

One question ... the coils shown here have 4 wires plug-ins... mine have only 2

Also ive been looking at maybe ordering kits to rebuilt my 2 turbos ct12a's ceramic turbines and convert them to metal turbines, there in perfect shape but ive read they are prone to failiure...my question..if i replace the hold shabang... do the turbos have to be re-balanced i guess !!! also if i just take them apart put in rebuild kit and keep the ceramic turbines would i still have to get them balanced also.

The problem around here is that no shop is equiped to balance turbos so i would have to send them somewhere for rebuilt and balanced or just balance
thanks

Last edited:

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
golddig;2034516 said:
Thanks Radial.

One question ... the coils shown here have 4 wires plug-ins... mine have only 2

Also ive been looking at maybe ordering kits to rebuilt my 2 turbos ct12a's ceramic turbines and convert them to metal turbines, there in perfect shape but ive read they are prone to failiure...my question..if i replace the hold shabang... do the turbos have to be re-balanced i guess !!! also if i just take them apart put in rebuild kit and keep the ceramic turbines would i still have to get them balanced also.

The problem around here is that no shop is equiped to balance turbos so i would have to send them somewhere for rebuilt and balanced or just balance
thanks

The diagram is just a reference regarding the firingorder.
The motor in that diagram uses Toyota Echo coils I think. So dont mind the extra pins.

In order to use the stock toyota coils you must have a igniter to drive them. The MS3x ignition drivers cant handle the current needed to drive the stock coils directly.
Use either the stock igniter (limits dwell to about 2,5ms) or the Quadspark from DIY autotune to drive them. (you will need 2x quadsparks, and have 2 channels in spare).