Map ecu, or Map ecu 2?

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
Well the price is about $400 difference. I have a map-ecu on my car it works great but not to many people use them in comparison to other piggy back systems so it is hard to find people that are familiar with them. The Map-Ecu2 monitors knock and few other perks. In my opinion if you are willing to spend $800 on Map-Ecu2 I would go head and buy a standalone. But if you are trying to stay in the $400 dollar range go with the Map-Ecu or maybe even a Maft-Pro. The one thing that I don't like is that the company is based out of New Zealand and when you ask a question it can sometimes take a whole day to get an answer. Plus they don't have tech support number unless you are willing to call over the country to get a direct line of communication like I did and you get one hell of a phone bill calling over seas. LOL On another note when they do get around to answer your question they are very helpful. Hope this helps.

j3r3my

Jul 19, 2010
mass
im also running a map ecu 1 everything seems straight forward and some people are making in the 500's witht hem but the a/f's wont be dead straight from what im told,im just getting into it. best bet is to download the 2.3 software and check it out and see how you like it if not then go with a maf-t

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Yea I just downloaded the map-cal the other day. I've been messing around with it last night. I like it so far. Doesn't look too bad. Kinda like it. I'm about to buy it.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
I have a map Ecu 1 I'm trying to sell. Shoot me a pm if your interested with a offer. Its new and comes with everything it would new. I got a stand alone so I have no use for it

sent from my ultimate droid

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
I got the Map2 and I like it :) No need to cover my turbo with a maf anymore haha I like the ability to adjust even the smallest incrementals using my laptop and see the difference when I restart the car. Like they said the money is a bit steep but I got mine on a deal so I paid nearly 300 for a brand new one

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
I have the map ecu 1 and made 480whp on the dyno..I really like it except for a few little issuses. It seems like it can barly handle 680cc injectors i cannot get it to run leaner then the 12's sometimes when it is cold..But this might be because i live a mile high. Also it develops lean spots over several weeks in vacume only. In boost i can allways expect to see 12's but in vacume i have a hard time with it. It just dosent seem super consistant from a day to day basis. If you dont mind hooking up your laptop and going for a drive to fix little issuses one every couple of weeks then there is nothing to complaine about. Im probably making alitte over 500 on it now and it still seems to have no problems at that power level.

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
For anyone interested in a MAP-ECU or a MAP-ECU2. I'm a dealer, and if you buy it through me you can call me if you have problems. I can help solve some, if not all of the problems you'd be likely to have with the MAP-ECU/MAP-ECU2.

Jeff