Map Ecu 2 / 1JZ-GTE tuning questions...

ravaz

Jun 17, 2011
Cary, NC
Hey guys,

Before I give up on the MapECU, burn it and go to a stand alone (I think I have a screwed up unit, came used in my car), I want to see if I can get some help from the experts on here. Has anyone installed a Map ECU 2 on a 1JZ (SC300, JZZ30 AT ECU, car is 5 speed ,R154 with 550CC injectors, single turbo etc..) and successfully tuned the unit to override fuel cut and boost past 15PSI using the Map ECU as a FCD? Also, which diagram did you use. I am attempting to use the following diagram from their site for wiring it to my JZZ30 ECU (site seems down so cannot confirm if this is the correct diagram at this time):

http://www.mapecu.com/wiring/Toyota Soarer JZZ30 1JZ-GTE JDM MAP-ECU.pdf

Tuning is not really an issue as I can lean the car out, except at idle where it's 11.2 no matter what, could be the ECU capacitors or something like that or a vac leak. Drivability is fine. I've been fighting with this and just cannot get it to work right as an FCD and I'm desperately wanting to run 20lb +. Any help would be appreciated. Also, just remembered the car has a Greddy Speed controller installed. Could that be causing some sort of conflict? I'll have to check how that unit is wired in the morning. I can rip it out as I thought the Map ECU will also act as a speed cut controller as well, I'll have to review the docs on that perhaps...

I can provide my maps as well... I've tried to get assistance on the MapECU forum, but we are not getting far.

Thanks guys,
Bill