Many electrical problems.

1986.5 SUPRA 7M-GE

Jan 25, 2012
Colorado
So for as long as I have had my Supra I have had electrical problems, the biggest one as of late is my windows, power locks, and lumbar/seat control, will intermittently go out. I have yet to find a rhyme or reason to it not working it is just completely random, I've checked the fuses and replaced ones that looked like they even slightly needed to be replaced. Also I can't use my rear window defroster because it drains SO MUCH power it'll shut my car off... Not even sure where to start? :1zhelp:

1986.5 SUPRA 7M-GE

Jan 25, 2012
Colorado
Yeah I figured they we're all in the same circuit. And thanks Nick, I appreciate that cause I don't have a kick panel cover so I have no idea which fuse is which haha. I looked at the fuse and it is fine, but an update from today. On my way home smoke started coming out of the front vents in my dash. There is a short somewhere, I have my interior in pieces right now determined to find it... and my alternator is brand new maybe three months old plus I just tested it today and it is fine.

1986.5 SUPRA 7M-GE

Jan 25, 2012
Colorado
I will get at messing with this stuff on monday seeing as I have all day to do it. Thanks for the input guys. Oh and btw the smoke coming from my vents was actually STEAM!!!!! my heater core was leaking so I pulled my dash yesterday switched em' out and bam no more steam!