Manual Transmission fluid. What are you using and how do you like it?

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
Yes I search and saw some results but they seem somewhat old. With all the new stuff out there I figure I just bring it up again. R154 transmission...3-400hp daily driving car, what do you recommend I use?

What are you using and how do you like it? And where can i get it at? I was recommended Synchonmesh or something like that.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
no reason to do anything other than mt 90 unless youve got some kind of high hp or specialty something that requires otherwise. Shifts nice and has a lot of support from other people

avp23

Mar 18, 2008
Washington
What i want to know is how many of you fill up your tranny till it spills out the side from that side drain plug. and how many of you use a certain amount????

I used to fill mine up to the side drain plug untill it spills out but then i was told to add XXX amount:3d_frown:

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Im running Redline MT-90 now i was running royal purple max gear and i didnt like it at all the trans felt very notchy and hard to get in gear, The mt90 has made it much smoother paired with the marlin crawler bushings its like a new trans!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I've been through em all I swear...

-Had normal dino oil in there. Had a notchy feel into second when shifting hard and fast (AKA....RACING).

-I tried Royal Purple Max Gear... Got a grind going into second almost all the time, shifting hard was a bitch.

-Next was Royal Purple Syncromesh....disaster, the bastard was loud, would grind everywhere, people looking at me like I can't drive my car...

-Last and forever will be in my tranny is Redline MT-90. No more grinding, no more notchy crap (well, nothing over how notchy the R154 is by design), and it's been great ever since.

So in other words

REDLINE MT-90

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
I run two parts redline light weight shock proof and one part redline mt90..

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I've always used MT90 in my hot pocket DD, because thats what everyone says to run regardless of car. I was expecting a magical difference, but after changing it and the diff oil (which were both nasty) I noticed none. Perhaps because its a newer car in decent condition.

As such, I'm not expecting much of a difference in my R154 when I switch, but its a good piece of mind.