Making the engine stand out

mosely

Oct 24, 2005
Mishawaka,IN
if anyone has any ideas on how to redirect the wires and hoses that are above the engine in order to make some space on top of the engine let me know. I think the engine on my MKIII supra turbo is way too crowded and i was putting the engine back together and trying to find all the clips and hoses that go everywhere and if thought that the engine is too crowded and wondered if there is anyways i can change the setup of the wires and hoses?? So if anyone knows how to do that or has any ideas let me know.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Well, you could run the harness under the intake manifold, and extend the injector clips to reach the injectors.... If you remove the EGR and charcole canister, it will remove about 3/4 of the engine's vacume lines.....

Disco Stu

Unaturally Aspirated
Apr 6, 2005
Forth Worth
:werd: EGR and Ch. Can. removal is easy. When I bought my new harness I rewrapped it so I could redirect a few things and get rid of others. The PCV system could be routed to a catch can. You can take out the cruise control, that makes a big diff. Doing the TB coolant hose mod helps a little.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
mounting the coilpacks on the firewall would be a big plus, with NA cam covers.... ( I plan on doing this when I get an Front facing intake :) )

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
also relocate the power steering resivoir. Battery relocation, hood latch block off plate and strut bar all are other options. I also vote for the front facing intake manifold.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
What all is needed in order to do the indiviual coil packs from a 2jz other the coil packs (duh), a wiring harness to contect them to them 7mgte's ignitor and a trick billet plate to mount the coil packs on? If this is all that's needed someone please let me know.
I plan to do this mod and many of the others mentioned above including a Ron R short runner ffim, ch. can removal, egr block off, cruise control removal (mine doesn't work, wouldn't use it anyways), catch can (on the way), a new billet coolant resivoir tank (also on the way), and a few other things that I'm still researching into on cleaning up the engine compartment.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
The reason i was asking was because i seen this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=200022014787&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1&rd=1
It got my curiosity piqued and I remembered seeing others with similar setups on their supras so I was seeing how complicated this really was. The way this item looks, all you need after that is six 2j coils. The wiring harness that comes with it should just plug right up to the coils and then to the stock 7m ignitor (that is... if this really works, that's why i'm trying to research it before I dive right into it ;) ). Let me know if there is anything else that should be done to make this work right.
I also went to driftmotion.com and took one look at the 1j coil conversion diagram and decided that it was WAY over my head, that's why i was looking into this. Thanks!

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
its funny cause most of the things mentioned in this thread are in this engine bay:

p321724_1.jpg

the next thing would be the COP setup and it would be pretty much as clean as it gets. and yes the wiring harness IS in the engine bay...the red wire is the only one not hooked up as we are waiting on a ring connector...

drbowser3

The Doc is in...
Jan 17, 2006
Tampa,FL
Idealsupra said:
its funny cause most of the things mentioned in this thread are in this engine bay:

p321748_1.jpg

the next thing would be the COP setup and it would be pretty much as clean as it gets. and yes the wiring harness IS in the engine bay...the red wire is the only one not hooked up as we are waiting on a ring connector...

teh week sause....hahaha, looks good, bet you have professionals working on that beauty.:bigthumb: