Making the 1JZ look as good as it runs!

Blksupra1jzed

Nov 1, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Well after my Dad's Z was nailed badly by hail and my car got hit....again on the way home from Upstate NY. The car had already had some decent damage on the drivers side door and into the drivers quarter panel. We decided to redo the exterior on both of them ourselves with the insurance money. Dad's Z has been done and came out great now it's my turn....We also had enough insurance money to go ahead and replace the leather and carpets in the Supra. The leather came from Katzkin out in Cali, carpets from ebay, and the paint is Valspar. Here are a few pics of the project so far...

This is a pic of the majority of the damage to be fixed. The stupid canadian in syracuse also hit me here adding to it. No big deal, needed fixed anyways, and the money helped out with the cost of the project.

p281949_1.jpg

Other side getting stripped down...

p281949_2.jpg

Interior has been stripped out so the plastics can be cleaned and painted so they at least look half as good as the new carpets and leather.

p281949_3.jpg

This is another shot of the troubled side...now some of the icing has been put in, sanded down, and is really starting to look good. The door handle will be the hardest part, it is somewhat dented in on one corner. Next we will take the icing down the quarter panel and finish this side off. Before we are going to ice the quarter we will be shooting the quarter with an epoxy sealer which we have found the icing adhears to better than just bare metal.

p281949_4.jpg

The project should take us about a month to complete. After seeing how awesome the Z came out, I am stoked about it!

Blksupra1jzed

Nov 1, 2005
Raleigh, NC
This is a little off Supra topic but here is a quick view as to how the Z went...

This is a pic of the paint booth we have built for the two projects...

p281956_1.jpg

Here is a shot of the Z prepped and ready for paint...

p281956_2.jpg

And the fruits of our labor!

p281956_3.jpg

Another pic after paint...

p281956_4.jpg

Blksupra1jzed

Nov 1, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I agree even being a Supra owner...stock for stock the Z is a much more competant car. Stiffer suspension, less body roll, more of a cockpit feel, but it has some serious quarks about it. It is one hell of a fun time driving. It really reminds me of a go-kart compared to the Supra.