Making power

MacDaddy_J_420

I heart SM
Sep 5, 2007
Dalton, GA
Alright... I have always been a fan of boost is better, but right now I do not have the funds for that.

I have an is300 and am wondering on what everyone's opinions are on making na power

my thoughts were exhaust, cam gear (exhaust side), afc or emanage, and a little help on making it breath better.

I am also looking to get back into the supra game, but can't seem to find a car right now.

Thanks

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I/H/E. There isn't much else without going NA-T. You could do the rest of the smaller things. But, it isn't going to add much power for what you are going to spend. I'd say just keep it stock, save and then go turbo. You'll be happy in the long run.

I have an 01' IS300 and I put a short ram intake on it. It helped it breathe a little better. I'm not doing exhaust though. This is my DD and I like it nice and quiet. Except for when I get on it and the intake roars.

claricae86

Aug 23, 2006
oklahoma
not to mention there isn't much use in doing exhaust unless you go headers back, otherwise you still have 3 cats clogging everything up. Everyone on the is forums were saying that a catback without headers etc would only yeild a couple hp. Your best to get an intake, do the cam gear cause you really can get about 7 to 10hp from that, then just do little things if you want like ground kit or whatever.

I have an 05 Is and am still under warranty for 3 more years so im just doing little mods like this to keep under warranty and to tide me over til i have the balls to boost such an expensive car.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i agree with the rest of the people here the best way is to save for the na-t if you *really* want to buy something i say buy something you could use for the turbo setup like cat, cat back, intake. you could buy an intercooler for looks ;)

MacDaddy_J_420

I heart SM
Sep 5, 2007
Dalton, GA
Ya the na-t is the best way to go, but I really don't want to turbo a non turbo car.

I just put suspension on the car and a nice set of wheels so I think I am going to stop there.

For the turbo car I will just get a mk3

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
MacDaddy_J_420;888797 said:
I just put suspension on the car and a nice set of wheels so I think I am going to stop there.

For the turbo car I will just get a mk3

Good plan. That's what I did (minus the suspension).