Make a harness?

Charles D.

Apr 29, 2011
Dallas,TX
I saw on supra forums that one of the members builds and rebuilds supra harnesses even converses 7mge's to 7mgtes if anyone has this ability do this and how much it would take please pm me

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
I have Re done my own and while it is not difficult (if you can solder easily) it is very very very time consuming.

But I believe it is a worthwhile investment of time given the age of these harnesses.

All you need is a copy of the 7MGTE EWD for the EFI system (your local stealarship can provide you with this. Dont trust the TEWD or the TSRM pdf's floating around. They are helpful however subtle coloring changes occurred from year to year.), a soldering iron, heat shrink and an ohm meter.

Start by 'ringing' through the harness (checking for continuity on each wire you need) and deciding which wires are and are not needed.

For example I deleted my EGR so those lines were not necessary.

Then it is pretty much self explanatory from there!

Charles D.

Apr 29, 2011
Dallas,TX
I wish I could afford one from dr.tweak they look excellent but don't have "that kinda money" and I'm just looking at my options. My supra is an 87 n/a swapped in 87 7mgte but I don't have a harness for it my other option is get an 89 harness and ecu and repin the body connectors i believe should work

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
I have a friend that has started making harnesses . He has made Mine, one for the Chariot of the Damned, and a few adrift cars in the Seattle Portland area. He is on tour till the 1st but I think he would do your for a few hundred bucks. I will grab his email.

supraficial

Mar 20, 2013
Southern MD
mattsplat72;1926312 said:
I have a friend that has started making harnesses . He has made Mine, one for the Chariot of the Damned, and a few adrift cars in the Seattle Portland area. He is on tour till the 1st but I think he would do your for a few hundred bucks. I will grab his email.
Wish I saw this before I bought a used harness :icon_redf