Major Wheel-hop

Feb 24, 2007
DeLand, FL
www.cardomain.com
I recently installed the suspension package with the tokico struts, eibach springs, and the suspension techniques sway bars. I love the way car handles in the twisties (compared to stock) but I'm getting some rediculous wheel-hop!

My question is... is this normal, and is there a way to reduce this?

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
i get wheel hop with this setup, the tokicos and eibachs. i have stock bushings in the back, and i know some are bad. i get more wheel hop in the rain then i do in the dry??? (probably cause its easier to spin the tire) also, i get more with the tires i have on now compared to before.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I just installed my tein HA's and I am having what sounds like wheel hop issues as well....you can only hear it in the front and it sounds like I am driving over railroad tracks on even pavement....i haven't adjusted them yet and the bushings look like they are in ok shape. I am lost....

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
Black87turbo, I don't think what you're experiencing is wheel hop. Wheel hop is when the back wheels hop under power usually when they have a high slip ratio.

It sounds like what you're talking about is force transmissibility from the road to the chassis due to too stiff compression damping.

Tim