MAFTpro ECU timing

kisedcd

Apr 30, 2008
Minneapolis/St Paul, MN
I searched without luck, looking for information on how to use the timing function. Can anyone tell me what it would take, such as installing a chip?
I haven't yet thrown down the cash for the MAFT, all I know is I dont have the cha ching for an AEM and an auto trans controller. I see the MAFT the best direction to go but need the ability to adjust the timing independently not by just tweeking the fuel.
Any help appreciated.

100_2161.jpg

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Good looking car! There is a way to monitor and change timing with the maft-pro. It is not as easy as installing a chip as some soldering is required but it is not too difficult. The Maft-pro community on fullthrottletech.com is working out some new software for timing control for the MKIII and there are regular free updates available through the fullthrottle site. I am running timing control and monitoring on my maft-pro and so far so good. I have not messed with timing control yet but have monitored timing on 2nd and third gear pulls (did not log them :( (sorry grimjack, otherwise i would have replied to your post)) It is a pretty cool feature! When you get the Maft-pro everything you need fort install will be included, however you will have to go on full-throttle to get the timing control and monitor diagram if you choose to do so. Hope that info helps! good luck

kisedcd

Apr 30, 2008
Minneapolis/St Paul, MN
Thanks for the comment about the car. After two engine rebuilds in two years and endless amounts of cash outflow, I believe I've lost my left nut somewhere during that time along with all the blood, sweat and tears.:1zhelp:
Good to know about the the information that is provided with the system. I hope it will do what I'm looking for in engine control. I'll look more into Full Throttle.