maft pro

boosted2085

I was spoolin :(
Mar 1, 2009
houston,tx
i just got my maft pro but i just need to know what type of connector do i need from the maft pro to my laptop..im running vista

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
You will need a cable that goes from serial (RC-323) to usb as I very highly doubt your computer has a serial port. Hope that helps, last I heard there were problems with the maft and Vista connecting.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
I have no problems with connecting with Vista.

But after I cut the R7 resistor for timing monitor, I have to do a few unique steps to get it to connect:(

Labtop is a priceless tool when tuning, its faster, and no to mention the data logging....WOW

boosted2085

Mar 1, 2009
houston,tx
i read about the R7 resistor before i got my mp..you need it when your going into speed density right?...which is the setup i have...do yall have the link?

pb92supraturbo

FTG & the IRL!
Aug 20, 2005
Garage, under Supra
Which version of Vista are you running? I have Vista ultimate 64 bit but haven't tried to connect up to my MaftPro yet. I had no problem connecting with my old laptop running XP.

dumbo;1301277 said:
I have no problems with connecting with Vista.

But after I cut the R7 resistor for timing monitor, I have to do a few unique steps to get it to connect:(

Labtop is a priceless tool when tuning, its faster, and no to mention the data logging....WOW

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
boosted2085;1301320 said:
i read about the R7 resistor before i got my mp..you need it when your going into speed density right?...which is the setup i have...do yall have the link?

You only have to cut the R7 resistor if your want to do timing monitor. It is not a pre-requisit of Speed denisty. Only a option.

Heres the threadhttp://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43848---Still waiting on more Dr.:)

pb92supraturbo;1301368 said:
Which version of Vista are you running? I have Vista ultimate 64 bit but haven't tried to connect up to my MaftPro yet. I had no problem connecting with my old laptop running XP.

Not much of a computer guy but under "System" it sais:

Windows Vista Home Premium, Copyright 2007.
System Type: 32bit OS.

Hope that helps.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i never had good luck running vista on mpro.

you have to remember, tuner pro (the actual software used on mpro) was designed for win98 and a 100 mhz processor lol.

also, the sewell usb adapter works best from what i've seen. the p/n is ap1102

boosted2085

Mar 1, 2009
houston,tx
i have no luck finding a bung to fit the iat sensor to mount on the intake...i got a 3/8 nipple it went in half way but it seems to taper and stop...how did you set yours in