Maft Pro W/B Wiring

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
ive searched for a few days trying to figure this out but havent came across a thread like this anywhere. im having some problems with my a/f ratios not matching my aem wideband gauge and jumping up and down consistently when trying to tune, so we are only able to do a user tune on the maft pro, not a laptop. im seeing two different ways to wire this up and i want to eliminate a possible wire that is soldered in wrong.

here is how i currently have my wiring done to the wideband

maft pro 10 pin harness - purple wire going to wideband ground (black wire on aem wideband harness)
orange going to wideband serial output (blue wire on aem wideband harness)
there is only 4 wires in my wideband manual (red 12v power, black ground, white 0-5v output, blue serial output)

how my instruction manual tells me to wire it in (orange wire going to w/b output signal)
p1904663_1.jpg

how "As Requested: MaftPro Install writeup" tells me to wire it up (orange wire going to w/b input signal)
p1904663_2.jpg

my question is do i have my wideband to maft pro unit wired correctly? if not which of those two ways is the right way to wire in my maft pro to my aem uego wideband?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Are you also running the oem narrowband O2 sensor?
I think you're supposed to be running the white wire into the MaftPro(or at least tapping into it).
I'm curious about this too, because I will have to be wiring up my Maft pro soon.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
IIRC correctly the purple wire leading from maft pro to wideband ground should be a certain length from the gauge
Let me do a little research and will let you know
I have my aem uego wired up the same as your's to my maft pro with no issues

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
I don't know what serial output is, but you want the 0-5v output of the gauge going to the orange wire of the maftpro. Then remember to set your AFR source to 3 for AEM widebands.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
ok perfect. i have my orange wire going to the blue wire on my wideband, i need to switch it over to the white wire instead for 0-5v output

thanks got it figured out!

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
sheedy126;1904922 said:
ok perfect. i have my orange wire going to the blue wire on my wideband, i need to switch it over to the white wire instead for 0-5v output

thanks got it figured out!

Yer welcum.
:)