Maft Pro ver. 5.27 - Off-idle hesitation/stumble

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
I have my Maft Pro (software version 5.27) set up and running with speed density great except for some slight off-idle hesitation/stumble. I've tried to adjust all of the "tune response" settings but nothing seems to cure it, rather it only seems to get worse. I have a FFIM w/ 80mm throttle body and 680cc injectors. I'm only pulling about 13% out of the mainscale and making up the rest with reduced fuel pressure (though I made sure it doesn't go below ~22 psi with the vacuum line on).

If I watch my wideband while blipping the gas, I notice it spikes lean for a second (16-17 AFR) before deflecting rich like it should (~10.x AFR). Thinking it just wasn't enriching fast enough, I cranked the TB size incrementally up to 9 but there was very little difference in the response. Any ideas? I would appreciate any help!

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Dont really know what you mean by off idle hesitation, you mean it hesitates whenever you are not idling? Or just when you take off from an idle? You say it goes lean right when you press the accelerator, you tried turning up map enrich and tps enrich? No change?

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
CyFi6;1728268 said:
Dont really know what you mean by off idle hesitation, you mean it hesitates whenever you are not idling? Or just when you take off from an idle? You say it goes lean right when you press the accelerator, you tried turning up map enrich and tps enrich? No change?

Whenever it's idling if I press the gas it will stumble for a second (sometimes the RPM will dip), and then rev like normal. If the RPMs are already up from a previous rev and I give it more gas it seems fine. I've tried all different values for the TPS enrich, none of them with a noticeable improvement. I haven't messed with the MAP enrichment much. Won't that affect the tune too?

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Think I figured it out! I had to turn MAP enrich down. I hadn't messed with that setting before, as I thought it was used for tuning the vacuum/boost transition. It's actually another parameter for the tune response, just like the TPS enrichment but it reads it off of the MAP sensor. So it seems like it was getting too much fuel and bogging the engine. I would have thought with an 80mm throttle body I would have to turn it up from the recommended Supra settings...I think both are set around 15 for me now.