maft pro help

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
Maft pro speed den,570cc injectors, afpr, STOCK fuel pump, deleted fuel dampener,stock turbo, hard pipes and 12x25x3 EM USA inter cooler. dyno jet wideband,@ 5psi. AFPR @38psi without vacuum line.

I am waiting to become a member of there forum for help, but I need to drive so if you could point me in the right direction I would forever be in your debt. I have seen all the threads in the MAFT pro stickies.

First off the problem right now is @ idle when warm the AFR's jump to very lean when main scale is -25. I have to leave it at 0 to drive around town.
then obviously when hitting it hard on the highway like that it just chokes out because of the rich AFR's off the sacle. So I have to adjust it while driving. but sometimes after starting it and having the mainscale in the -12 range it idels rich. then with a blip of the throtle it starts getting all erratic.
The stock pump is only 7 months old, I know the stock pump should not be used a Aeromotive is on order right now.

Second problem, cant connect tuner pro to the maft pro. as far as i know i have the newest software as i did reflash the unit and when it stars it reads 5.3 "i think" I can get the bin off the thing with tpcu and i have that. but it will not connect to tuner pro. I have set it proprley in the
data acq/emulation window. after clicking the connect button it just reads "hardware not found"

I did not buy the unit new so not sure if there is something i need to change to make it run properley.
also i used the resistor network rather than the 2 outputs for HAC,air temp.

I will load the bin on here when i figure out how to. i just got it off the maft pro.

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
maybe someone could point me to a "real" users manual, not the one that is 30 pages of all the features the unit has.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
You've found the downside to having a maftpro my friend! Extreme lack of organized info. Have fun sifting through pages of forum talk to find your answers...

Anyhow, there are four scales you can adjust. Mainscale, low, mid, and high load. Use the low for very low loads such as idle, mid for cruising/light throttle, and high for full throttle. You can adjust it to add or decrease fuel in these different load ranges, and then at each rpm. Mainscale will adjust across the entire load range, as you have seen.

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Did you get a USB-Serial cord that has a driver cd to install on your computer? A good quality cord is a must. I paid $50 for mine at an electronics store and it works well.

Although I am having troubles downloading/uploading bins in tunerpro when I try to emulate. Lack of info sucks!!

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
First off the problem right now is @ idle when warm the AFR's jump to very lean when main scale is -25. I have to leave it at 0 to drive around town.
then obviously when hitting it hard on the highway like that it just chokes out because of the rich AFR's off the sacle.

I have this exact same issue.

Same setup also besides I have a walbro fuel pump.

From what I understand from reading scattered forum posts is when the mainscale is backed off it throws the stock computers Vf voltage out of wack. I THINK you correct this by what they call smoothing the Ve table in the maftpro itself. Please correct me if Im wrong since I am still learning this myself..

Heres a diagram of what happens depending on the Vf voltage in your car.

vffueltrim.gif

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
enjoi.this;1821006 said:
Did you get a USB-Serial cord that has a driver cd to install on your computer? A good quality cord is a must. I paid $50 for mine at an electronics store and it works well.

Although I am having troubles downloading/uploading bins in tunerpro when I try to emulate. Lack of info sucks!!
Mine was a cheap one Belkin, I've heard of people having more trouble with the more expensive one's.

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
just wanted to add that the MAFT pro did connect to the cpu but only with TPCU 2.0. still having trouble turning my bin into something that can be loaded as text. but i am still consuming the info recently posted. i just got back from the movies with my wife. dont go see hunger games it sux.

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
maybe due to the overbore of the engine, 2.9something is too small and causing a lean spike and that disagrees with some other aspect of the EFI system?
or is it the other way around?

Last edited:

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
KTM530;1821101 said:
maybe due to the overbore of the engine, 2.9something is too small and causing a lean spike and that disagrees with some other aspect of the EFI system?
or is it the other way around?

Defiantly not the issue. But you do need to satisfy the Vf voltage in the stock ecu so the maftpro isnt trying to fight the stock computer. They need to work in harmony together.

Thoroughly study the links CyfI6 and I posted. Read them 2 or 3 times to soak everything up, lots of good stuff in there.

90mkiiisupra400hp

Mar 20, 2011
Gardiner, Maine
If you haven't been able to get the Maft Pro to connect to Tunerpro still and want a cheap USB to serial adapter then this is the one I use. http://sewelldirect.com/usbtoserial.asp It works great, comes with a CD to install the driver on your computer. It cost me around $18 shipped and only took 3 days to get it. I just thought I would throw it out there for anyone that needs one.

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
i took back the 2nd cord i bought because the drivers could not be read off the mini disk that was provited.
technology makes me so frustrated and content at the same time.

later next day: found out my PC lap top "toshiba satellite X205-9800s" was FUBAR and needed a compleate wipe. I am still in the proses. It is so my luck that i have to fix a PC to work on my supra that i am always working on. good thing I'm not employed right now because fixing on this car is a full time job.

Last edited:

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
wow, all i can say is wow the VE was way out. i am limited by computer for on the fly tuning because of batt life.
if anyone needs a in-depth detailed description on how to tune the ve just shoot me a pm and i will help.
it completely smoothed out the idle and acceleration threw every gear.
thanks so much for all the help.