maft pro help

808mkiiisupra

Apr 1, 2005
The HOme OF the Grass Shacks
i read up on most of the search results i did. but i cant seem to connect the maft pro to the tpcu program to update it. i hold the two buttons but still. how long do i have to hold it down? i have 4.40 on there now but i want to update it to the newest version. my tunerpro rt works and i cant tune my car on there. any help would be greatly appreciated.

boosted2085

I was spoolin :(
Mar 1, 2009
houston,tx
you pretty much have to turn the key and press and hold the buttons at the same time..youll know when it resets..you have it connected to your laptop on the car or desktop?

boosted2085

I was spoolin :(
Mar 1, 2009
houston,tx
sorry misread it..i thought you were trying to reset it... save the file of the version you want (ex. if your wanting the 5.03 version youll save TPRO503.s19 to a folder) then select tpcu you just make sure the drop down bar next to the update button is set to the correct com port your cable is on,then it will make you browse for the file you just saved then hit open.the black screen will tell you if the com port is connecting once it does it will ask you if you want to update y/n of course select yes after that it will load then will say complete..hopes this helps if not ill make a vid to show it better

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
you have to hold the two left buttons while turning the unit on.

(while the black window is open waiting for the unit to connect)

If it doesn't connect you may have selected the wrong com port.

Bob

808mkiiisupra

Apr 1, 2005
The HOme OF the Grass Shacks
well this was the only port that actually opens up the black screen that tells you to hold the two left buttons. i tried again while turning the key on still doesnt work. weird that the tuner rt program works but i cant even update the maftpro unit.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
808mkiiisupra;1365502 said:
well this was the only port that actually opens up the black screen that tells you to hold the two left buttons. i tried again while turning the key on still doesnt work. weird that the tuner rt program works but i cant even update the maftpro unit.

Are you using a USB to serial adapter? There were a few of those that would log but not update.

Bob

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
old thread I guess.

But, some laptops have modems inside that are just like com ports. So if you select the wrong com port (like a modem) and try to update, the update software will sit there waiting for the Pro to connect, and never work.

So using TPCU, be sure to try all the com ports it shows in the selection drop-down. Make sure you plug the cable in before starting TPCU.

Bob