MAFT Pro display/control box problem(s)?

lumpy

Mar 20, 2007
Iowa
Hey, this just started happening this week. I always keep the display set to the sensor monitor page(mainly so I don't hit anything on accident). Lately when I start my car it shows me the Boost Config. page right after the MAFT powers up and doesn't go to where I left it.... :3d_frown: Can anyone give me some insight on this or am I alone in the dark?

Also I can't, for the life of me, get my GF's laptop to connect to the translator. I've only had 2 cpus connect to it and I can't get my hands on either. I got it to connect once, but some files were mismatched so I unplugged to read up some more on my desktop. When I went back to try again it wanted me to register my "new hardware"(usb cable). I canceled that since it's a cable and I didn't get any software cd. Ever since then it make a different sound when I connect the MAFT to the laptop via usb and does nothing. :cry:

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
~Brian

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Does some USB equipment have it's own operating program included with it? (So, when you plug it in, it adds the software you need to run it?)

I know my USB mouse/keyboard is that way. You just plug it in, add the device if you need to, and it's good to go. (No program disk needed.)

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Mice and keyboards are supported by drivers included with most operating systems... they still need drivers.

OP, what's the brand of the USB to Serial adapter? They usually do include CD's, they're rarely supported natively. At any rate, uninstalling the device and drivers and then reinstalling it is probably going to be the simplest route.

kmfdmk

Old School Cool
lumpy;1131809 said:
Hey, this just started happening this week. I always keep the display set to the sensor monitor page(mainly so I don't hit anything on accident). Lately when I start my car it shows me the Boost Config. page right after the MAFT powers up and doesn't go to where I left it.... :3d_frown: Can anyone give me some insight on this or am I alone in the dark?

Also I can't, for the life of me, get my GF's laptop to connect to the translator. I've only had 2 cpus connect to it and I can't get my hands on either. I got it to connect once, but some files were mismatched so I unplugged to read up some more on my desktop. When I went back to try again it wanted me to register my "new hardware"(usb cable). I canceled that since it's a cable and I didn't get any software cd. Ever since then it make a different sound when I connect the MAFT to the laptop via usb and does nothing. :cry:

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
~Brian

When you tried the USB Serial Adapter again (the second time) when it didn't work, were you using the SAME USB port? Windows can (and will) re-assign the device a different driver ID if it's on a different USB port. Most likely you used a different port, windows recognized it as "new hardware" and when you cancelled it, it did not proceed any further, thus becoming an "unrecognized hardware" device.

Additionally you should either Right Click My Computer and go to Properties, then click the Hardware Tab and then the Device Manager and make sure that under PORTS it lists your USB to Serieal adapter. Conversley you can also simply hold the Windows key (Usually located in the lower left of the keyboard, between the lower left CTRL & ALT keys) Press and hold the Windows key and then press the PAUSE/Break key on your keyboard. This will bring up the System Properties and then you click the Hardware Tab and then the Device Manager.

You will want to see what Port that the USB Serial Adapter is operating under.

Also then you will go to TunerPro RT, and go to Tools, Preferences and then click on the ALDL Emulation Tab and then make sure on the left in the middle where it says COM PORT NUMBER that it is on the same Port as the USB Serial Adapter.

Good Luck

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
kmfdmk;1150633 said:
were you using the SAME USB port?

+1 This is the most common cause of the problem described.... dunno why I always assume people know about it.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
lumpy;1131809 said:

i had a similar problem. after i upgraded to v 4.80, whenever i started the car, it would be on the config screen (sd/tuned) or something like that. it wouldnt start up in the sensor monitor like i usually leave it.
someone told me (cant remember who) that since v4.80 has different functions or options, that when you do the upgrade there are conflicts. so completely reset the maftpro unit and manually put in all the settings. after i did that i had no problems
hope this helps
-pete

by the way, change the fe smooth setting to 30

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Whoops, missed that question. Pete's right. That's typically caused by a memory error. I had a unit do it to me... although I had to reset that one a few times before it got it's crap together.

To reset, write down ALL of your settings, then power the Pro while holding down the two right buttons. You'll get a message about holding the buttons to reset, just keep holding them down and in about 10 seconds it'll reset.