MAFT or lexus afm and 550's

88SupraTurbo

Apr 17, 2005
i have been reading and have read that instead of using the tried and true method of using lexus afm and 550's and a walbro pump(is it really needed?) to safely saise fuel cut, you can just install a MAFT or MAFT pro instead. Which is better MAFT or MAFT pro and for what application? Are there any other components needed to be used in the MAFT route? thanks.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I like the MAFT route, that's the way I went. It's a lot more flexible, in that you can run injectors that aren't 440 or 550, plus it's cheaper.

For the MAFT all you need is the basic MAFT unit and a GM MAF sensor.

88SupraTurbo

Apr 17, 2005
so as long as im staying under 400hp it is alot cheaper to just put the money that i would spend on injectors to buy the gm maf and maft? what other things can i do with the maft? is it worth it to step up to the maft pro? what can it do?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
It basically does the same thing as the Lexus AFM + 550cc injectors.

It can also by run in suck or blow mode... so you can put it before or after the turbo.

The MAFT Pro does a whole hell of a lot more, including automatic tuning for WOT by interfacing with a wideband O2 sensor, boost control, and a bunch of other bits. I'm not as familiar with the Pro unit, as I bought mine long before it was available.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
LOL - I'm just giving the guys a hard time.

I don't know the emanage ultimate - and they are doing a bad job of selling it to me!

If all it does is add timing control for $450 I'd be rather surprised.