Maft new install issue

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
I just installed maft pro. Aeromotive fpr. Master power 70 turbo. Tial bov. And set up maft for inital supra mk3 according to the maft pro manual it idles great but dies if I touch the throttle!!! What did I do wrong... I have to go to work tomorrow:/

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
I don't have any... maybe my problem I jus input the stuff they told me to in the manual.....into the maft pro unit... I didn't hook it up to my laptop...I amrunning windows 7 and am still trying to get the program 4.13 genaric to pull up the bin that came with my maft pro

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
CyFi6;1691511 said:
post up your bin, ads, and xdf files, i will compare them to mine. What version of the pro are you running? what version of tunerpro?

:D I am sooo exited to drive it now that it has killer throttle responce:) and it sounds awesome with my 4" exhaust :D what should I be cautious of during test drive??? And will I hit fuel cut or is there something I have to do on the maft pro???

Last edited:

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Haha glad you figured out what is wrong. Definitely go easy on it until you get some things dialed in. You have to be careful, you can easily destroy your engine if you aren't. Because of the larger injectors, you have to pull the main scale back approx 20-25% which will raise the point that you hit fuel cut.

toyzforme

I need deeper pockets
Jan 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
Nice, I am waiting on the speed density cable before I install mine. Something happened to the AFM at my last race so I am putting in the Maft-Pro. I am using Version 5 on the maft. Is this what you are using

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
With stock 440's the only way to raise your fuel cut is by leaning it out, and there's only so much leaning out you can do to the stock tune (but you can do some considering the stock tune is very rich). Just be careful. I recommend running 5.22, it is what i am running and i think it is the latest and greatest.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
ok took it out for a tuning run (had my buddy tuning while i drove) lol note to self put intercooler pipe t-bolts on tighter next time .... he was only able to set initial tune due to my t-bolt tightning skills :p

more tuning after work tomorrow

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
CyFi6;1691910 said:
With stock 440's the only way to raise your fuel cut is by leaning it out, and there's only so much leaning out you can do to the stock tune (but you can do some considering the stock tune is very rich). Just be careful. I recommend running 5.22, it is what i am running and i think it is the latest and greatest.

^^ Amen to that... I am also running version 5.22 has worked very well for me also, I have not even pulled the maft from the glove box in 3-4 months, should be able to just dial it in and leave it...

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
vids?

i have 550s and maf gen 2....cant wait to hook it up..still need to get wideband and fuel pump..i already got the gm sensor and fpr

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
gottadiesel;1693323 said:
Good - now that you have it running, hope to see you in Chehalis on May14th for the Meet n Greet up here... See NW Section for details...

hope you guys take pics...

hows the jobs out in Washington?

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
gottadiesel;1693323 said:
Good - now that you have it running, hope to see you in Chehalis on May14th for the Meet n Greet up here... See NW Section for details...

Already asked for that day off work:)