Machine shop

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Hey guys, so my machine shop has messed up moer than once, and now I'm searching for new pistons, and then I'll need to find a new machine shop, to re-bore my cylinders for the new slugs. So does anyone have any recommendations? The Napa machine shop (Lake City) seems to do pretty good work, and is really close to me, but I'd obviously rather go do a fair-priced race-shop, So does anyone have any suggestions?

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
well this is out of the way for you but i went to Kerslake Bros.they are in maplevalley, but they did a great job. I had everything done and it came to about $850 the only thing i didnt have them do is put the engine together for me. im doing that. if you want their number it's (425)432-4638

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
I'm putting mine together as well, otherwise, whats the fun in a rebuild?
Thanks for the tip, But i think I'm just going to go to the machinist in everette that did Ron's and Nate's work (once I ask Ron which shop that was done at)

Selz202

More than Regular Member
May 1, 2005
Black Diamond Wa
whenmunkysfly said:
well this is out of the way for you but i went to Kerslake Bros.they are in maplevalley, but they did a great job. I had everything done and it came to about $850 the only thing i didnt have them do is put the engine together for me. im doing that. if you want their number it's (425)432-4638

Where in the hell is that?!? I live in Maple Valley...

Edit: Oh shit its just before the golf coarse... ive been looking for a shop for awile. Cool to know theres one just down the road from me.

How good of a job did they do? Were they knowledgable or did you have to explain anything to them?

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
Selz202 said:
Where in the hell is that?!? I live in Maple Valley...

Edit: Oh shit its just before the golf coarse... ive been looking for a shop for awile. Cool to know theres one just down the road from me.

How good of a job did they do? Were they knowledgable or did you have to explain anything to them?
well they know v8 really well but not supras they didnt know about the cams looking like they are bad when they are not. but they did a great job they have built a lot of engines for supermodifed oval cars. they where a little slow but thats only because they knew i was in no hurry. they let me know that my pistons where coming out of my block at topdead just a little cuz they had to take too much off because my block was out of wack, instead of sending me home and letting me find it out when it blows up. so yea im happy with them.

Apr 1, 2005
WA
Jaguar_5 said:
I'm putting mine together as well, otherwise, whats the fun in a rebuild?
Thanks for the tip, But i think I'm just going to go to the machinist in everette that did Ron's and Nate's work (once I ask Ron which shop that was done at)

let us know what shop that is when you find out. im also looking for a machinist in north seattle -ish.