MA70_Powa's 86.5 Turbo Conversion

MA70_Powa

Boost Addict
Jun 17, 2007
Tasmania
Woah it's been a long time since I posted in here!

Time for an update methinks.

Since my last post I've had many issues, culminating in the car not starting. Turns out my fuel pump died and my fuel filter was clogged to buggery. Was really annoying because I still had the stock pump in there - I was supposed to have a walbro installed when I got the engine swap done!

Anywho, got a new walbro and fuel filter, and yay that fixed my problem :)

I also now have the 550s, Lex AFM and SAFC installed, with an Aeromotive AFPR kit on the way.
Currently having running lean issues, but it's being sorted as I write this :D

Then it'll be time to crank up ze boost! :evil2:

And I suppose I should install my wideband too... :)

MA70_Powa

Boost Addict
Jun 17, 2007
Tasmania
After being made extremely poor by the mechanics', I have my car back in working order!!
It's been given a basic tune with the SAFC and goes quite well, but a bit rich.
The temptation for more power is ohsostrong, so I cranked up the boost within about 10 minutes of getting the car back - now it runs on 14psi! :evil2:

But I need to check vac lines to my mbc because the boost drops from 14 - 10 from 5-6k rpm :( meh...

Or I'll just get a bigger WG spring, if I can find one!

But still, it's sweeeeet :D

I'm gonna get my wideband and tranny cooler installed first, and then it'll be off to the dyno for some better tuning and power runs! :D

Last edited:

MA70_Powa

Boost Addict
Jun 17, 2007
Tasmania
Now rockin twin BOVs:

p1404185_1.jpg

:D

I've got the Turbosmart one recirculating, and the HKS SSQV (fake one, but hey it works fine) venting, but I have the HKS recirc fitting in there if I decide to recirc both or just run the SSQV eventually.
Sounds good, not obnoxiously loud, and the best bit... NO MORE COMPRESSOR SURGE :) Yay.

Oh, And I also just noticed that I'm now running the 12v fuel pump mod lol musta been done while my car wasn't working :)