MA70 ABS in JZ conversion. RHD

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
Hello Guys

I’ve converted my MA70 automatic to 1JZGTE 5sp R154 Using full JZA70 engine bay, interior looms. the MA70 had abs brakes so I obtained the correct rear speed sensor and dissected the abs wiring out of the MA70 looms. I’ve left the NL, PL wires disconnected and for the BATT wire that goes to ECU B I’ve wired that to dome fuse 12 VOLT also the 2 white/black stripe wires which are ground I’ve attached that to chassis ground. just wanted to clarify if that is ok. At this stage I turn on car and ABS light turns on then goes off after 3 seconds. Problem is I drive down the road and after 50 meters the light comes on and won’t go away. ive got the TSRM for diagnostic testing but wanted to know if the way I wired it is good enough for it to work!
Ive also noticed even though the 1JZ didnt have abs it still has the rear abs connected in the engine bay that goes to the white plug under dash.
See attachment

FROM MA70 ABS COMPUER

NL = Disconnected as related to AUTO stuff
PL = Disconnected as related to AUTO stuff
+B = Wired to 1JZGTE ECU +B
BATT = Wired to Dome fuse wire Blue/yellow. ON ma70 it went to ECU B fuse also Blue yellow wire
ECT = Disconnected as related to AUTO stuff
STP = Wired to Stop light wire Green White that also goes through M1 Connector
PKB = Wired to Black wire on hand brake

Rest of wires have been left attached to each other when dissected from ma70 looms so they plug correctly to ABS solenoid under bonnet

Attachments

• Main_111..JPG
    Main_111..JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 10

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Once you get this figured out, somebody needs to sticky this. I tried putting the ABS sensor from my 7m's R154 onto my 1j's R154 only to find that the hole where the sensor itself plugs into the trans is filled in with metal...

Good luck with your efforts though!