ma/ct supras

boricuadotnet

Jul 18, 2005
first of all anyone here from worcester ma or surrounding area??
and does anyone here go to berlin turnpike/ hartford area on the weekends for the street races?? if so we should have a meet sometime soon

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
If I can get a nice car, I will meet up with you this weekend. If I can't, then I probably wont make it since my wrangler is no fun to drive there and the supe is all apart.

Jon

boricuadotnet

Jul 18, 2005
i wont be out there this weekend my supe got inpounded i guess my reg expired hopefully i can get it out soon

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
Well hopefuly by next weekend I will have my supe on the road. Just let me know when a weekend is good for you because it is so close to me that I can go pretty much whenever.

Jon

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
I was just there last night. I saw a silver mkiii... was it anyone on here. let me know if you guys are gonna, i can probably make it.

ddmcse

AmpHead
Aug 10, 2005
NE CT USA
www.ddmcse.com
it sounds like fun , but every time i go there i don't enjoy myself because i'm too worried about cops n tickets .. i sold a n/a 86.5 to a guy and the first thing he did was go to berlin and get a ticket for too dark window tint. i told him to stay away from there you're just asking for it . i get so tempted to do a smoke show but i figure the cops will roll out of dunkin donuts and bust me .. oh one ticket whats the big deal ? one more ticket for me this year and i'll have to hit drivers ED again . third times a charm right ?

ddmcse

AmpHead
Aug 10, 2005
NE CT USA
www.ddmcse.com
how about a Dynoday ?
bristol dyno in CT has a mustang dynoday often . mustang owners get discounts on dyno's for the whole day and have a small "meet" right there
I have often thought about filling the place up with supras and having a Supra Dyno Day . Link 2 Bristol Dyno they used to be located in Bristol but now they are located in Hartford .
what do u say should i call them and see about setting up a supra dyno day?

boricuadotnet

Jul 18, 2005
how much do they charge for dynos there cause i also know of a dyno arround here and the prices are very reasonable 1-10 cars=$75 for three pulls including A/F 10+=$65 for three pulls including A/F im sure that if we get 20+ i can work out an even better discount i personally know the owner and the tunner its located in worcester ma www.nedyno.com
just let me know if you are interested and ill get a date ready.

ddmcse

AmpHead
Aug 10, 2005
NE CT USA
www.ddmcse.com
1st and last time i was there it was $60 w/ a/f and i am pretty sure it goes to 50 for repeat offenders . i know the mustang dyno days are 50.
oic .. 5+ supras needed for $50 group rate +$5 for a/f

14u2c

RAFO
Mar 31, 2005
four-one-three
erniessupra.jpg.w110h83.jpg
Can we join the fun? If it's for supra only than I can only bring one car but if it’s for any car than your talking. I can get a couple people to go (2000 cougar, 1995 240sx and a 1988 supra) I am working on my clutch right now but I am willing to go when its ready.

Last edited:

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
We def. need to have a dyno day. I can't wait to have my car running. I just ordered my hardpipes, cometic 2mm gasket, complete gasket set, hpf turbo elbow, camber plates, high flow cat, water pump, belts, etc. and I can't wait to tune it and get her running well. Hopefuly the parts get here soon so I can finish it up and then I will be all about a dyno day. Even if I am at school, I will come back to ct for the weekend for a mkiii meet. Just let me know.

Jon

-if anyone has any sugestions for my build up or if anyone from ct/ma wants to take a look at it or lend a hand it would be appreciated

Last edited:

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
hey jam... if you ever want some help let me know... Im from west haven but some of my friend's are in vernon and rockville so im always up there. Let me know

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
socc924 Thanks a lot for the offer. I am waiting on my parts now and I am going to send my head out on Monday so once I get everything then I will get ahold of you. This is my first supra(sorry to say I have had too many hondas) so any help would be appreciated especially tuning it once its all together.

Jon

bdashrad

Apr 7, 2005
Lowell, MA
i'm located in lowell, right now my car is in dracut at my parents house in many pieces, but hopefully back together soon... it's been a long process

14u2c

RAFO
Mar 31, 2005
four-one-three
bdashrad said:
i'm located in lowell, right now my car is in dracut at my parents house in many pieces, but hopefully back together soon... it's been a long process
Good luck with the supra. I have ben working on my two supras since 1998 and I was able to finish one. I sold it to a friend and now I am putting my second one together. It's a never ending battle. :icon_bigg But well worth it.

bdashrad

Apr 7, 2005
Lowell, MA
yeah i spun the #3 rod bearing end of last summer and now i'm finally finishing up my rebuild... getting the crank turned and new rod and mains sized for it, probably won't be done till winter unfortunately. anyone done any rebuilds in this area? what machine shops did you use? i took my stuff to malden machine, i've heard good things about them.