• Do it later after the black is done

Votes: 50 35.0%

• Total voters

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
So after finishing my Cressy turbo project, I said I wasn't gonna get involved in another major project until my black Supra was done....well, I did it again...:1zhelp:

My buddy and I have always shared this idea of dropping a V12 into a Supra just for the hell of it, not necessarily for performance...

I got the engine, and I got a spare chassis...should I do it? If I do, it would be strictly a track car that can run on the streets as well. I wouldn't be spending much time on making it shiny.

IMG_0435_SMALL.jpg

IMG_0436_SMALL.jpg

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
HKS_TRD;1395228 said:
I say do it after the black one is done

BUT, you must make it shiny

And include two turbos

Thankyou

IF I do it, and when is done, it would be NA at first. Once is running good, then Twin Turbo it... At that point with stock block, 600-700rwhp should be fairly easy to achieve...

mk3design;1395229 said:
Nice, I saw a MKII with a V12 1GZ( http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=42743 ) in AU.

Anyways, sounds like a nice project, looking forward to more!

Yup, I've seen that one in progress with the Century V12.

Not sure if I'll continue with the project at all, we'll see...

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Supraholics;1395231 said:
IF I do it, and when is done, it would be NA at first. Once is running good, then Twin Turbo it... At that point with stock block, 600-700rwhp should be fairly easy to achieve...

Yup, I've seen that one in progress with the Century V12.

Not sure if I'll continue with the project at all, we'll see...

But your sig says 89 twin turbo? I thought that would be in reference to this V12 project lol

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
HKS_TRD;1395233 said:
But your sig says 89 twin turbo? I thought that would be in reference to this V12 project lol

lol...If the setup would come out good, I wouldn't mind rebuilding a V12 and dropping it in my black car..

WUT???? Did I just say that?:biglaugh:

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
What's the motor out of? If it's from an 8 series, I've read that they're nightmares to tune... BMW basically runs the banks separately, including having two separate ECUs.

Sound amazing, though. Go for it.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Quin;1395377 said:
What's the motor out of? If it's from an 8 series, I've read that they're nightmares to tune... BMW basically runs the banks separately, including having two separate ECUs.

Sound amazing, though. Go for it.

Right, you actually need 3 ECUs to run it. You can actually run a bank of 6 cyl. on and 6 cyl. off if you wanted to.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
When I researched the Toyota V12 I figured I could run the M800 and an M400 slaved to make it run, not sure how "tunable" it's going to be using the BMW controls.

Length will be an issue once you install a big enough Rad to cope, but I guess that depends on what accessories you intend to run, ie:if you lose the AC you can move the rad under the support panel.

Will be an interesting car if you go ahead!

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
IJ.;1395435 said:
When I researched the Toyota V12 I figured I could run the M800 and an M400 slaved to make it run, not sure how "tunable" it's going to be using the BMW controls.

Length will be an issue once you install a big enough Rad to cope, but I guess that depends on what accessories you intend to run, ie:if you lose the AC you can move the rad under the support panel.

Will be an interesting car if you go ahead!

Why can't I have an IJ close by! :nono:

I don't know much about MoTeC, but isn't the M800 capable of handling a V12? Does it actually need another ECU slaved? I ask because I was thinking eventually if things go well, go MoTeC.

I reckon 500+ hp is doable on stock electronics. 800+ hp on stock long block.

Also, to make this monster fit in a Supra without cutting anything on the Supra requires a lot of moving things around and replacing others. I think this can be installed with all accessories and electric fans, but it would be TIGHT.

Also, the setup MUST be dry sump as the oil pump is chain driven and sits low in the sump. Not sure there is another way around this. I couldn't find one.

I reckon in a Cressida, ae86, MKII, should be a piece of cake to install.

zambini;1395448 said:
3 ecu's? yeah i'd stay n/a for now lol.

FINISH YOUR BLACK CAR!

That's what I'm thinking... it is probably what will happen in the end... I really want the black on done, but this project is also sooo tempting....

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Supraholics;1395772 said:
Why can't I have an IJ close by! :nono:

I don't know much about MoTeC, but isn't the M800 capable of handling a V12? Does it actually need another ECU slaved? I ask because I was thinking eventually if things go well, go MoTeC.

I reckon 500+ hp is doable on stock electronics. 800+ hp on stock long block.

Also, to make this monster fit in a Supra without cutting anything on the Supra requires a lot of moving things around and replacing others. I think this can be installed with all accessories and electric fans, but it would be TIGHT.

Also, the setup MUST be dry sump as the oil pump is chain driven and sits low in the sump. Not sure there is another way around this. I couldn't find one.

I reckon in a Cressida, ae86, MKII, should be a piece of cake to install.

That's what I'm thinking... it is probably what will happen in the end... I really want the black on done, but this project is also sooo tempting....

A single M800 will do it in Batch fire mode but I was looking at full sequential at the time and to use the DBW Throttles so it would need a slave.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Moy;1396000 said:
Psh, twin turbos are for sissies... now quad turbo... :evil2:

I was about to say the same

Surely someone must be parting out a Bugatti EB110s somewhere

Maybe graft in the 4WD system too ......

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
HKS_TRD;1396052 said:
I was about to say the same

Surely someone must be parting out a Bugatti EB110s somewhere

Maybe graft in the 4WD system too ......

I think the universe would explode from the sheer awsomeness