stuiped stablity control need to kill you

other wise i am happy

bimmer nation yo

Last edited:

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Pimp out the bimmer.. or get another supra.. Pimp out the bimmer or get another supra..

That is all that is running though my mind today. My dad told me I can keep the M3 if I want, that way I don't have to buy another car. But I feel so lonely at all the supra meets I go to :(

I could just go turbo or supercharger I guess....

I also started looking in to new headlights for my car and I think I am going to get the cheap DDM lights and do some sort of retro fit. (sorry Shaeff I am not as ballin as you are for cutting up ZKW's)

I also need to find a new pass side fog light because a rock or something cracked it about a month ago.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
my word on this is sweet dd and have nice fun car aka supra

i like haven 2 cars cause you can spend time more doing things right on eather car if you choose to do some thing to eather or

BorHor;1247944 said:
Pimp out the bimmer.. or get another supra.. Pimp out the bimmer or get another supra..

That is all that is running though my mind today. My dad told me I can keep the M3 if I want, that way I don't have to buy another car. But I feel so lonely at all the supra meets I go to :(

I could just go turbo or supercharger I guess....

I also started looking in to new headlights for my car and I think I am going to get the cheap DDM lights and do some sort of retro fit. (sorry Shaeff I am not as ballin as you are for cutting up ZKW's)

I also need to find a new pass side fog light because a rock or something cracked it about a month ago.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
It's tough. The Supra's drivetrain will handle the inflated power goals much better than the BMW's. (diff bolt comes to mind, as well as tearing up the rear subframe)

In any case, if you're willing to put a bit of preventative welding/bracing in, the BMW will make a hell of a serious ride with a lower static CR and some boost! I don't blame you for not cutting up ZKW's- it's just me being a dumbass. Nothing baller about it, just straight up stupidity. LOL.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I have been looking in to boosting and it seems like it is going to be a pain in the butt since I am OBD2. Looks like I have to wait a while.. Also I don't really feel like lowering the compression ratio on this motor just yet...

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i whould not bother dude there stuiped tight fit
trans\rear ends can't really take it clutch's are freaking stuiped money for the car
you jumping to an expencie life by turboing bmw's

i done some befor and m3 likes your's

blew his tranny and rear end and killed his clutch

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
BorHor;1248132 said:
I have been looking in to boosting and it seems like it is going to be a pain in the butt since I am OBD2. Looks like I have to wait a while.. Also I don't really feel like lowering the compression ratio on this motor just yet...

Right on, OBD2 is a pain in the ass to turbocharge simply for that fact. How were you planning to lower CR, anyway? Were you going w/ 8.5:1 pistons, or a .140 MHG? With the .140 (like many of the BMW guys do), it brings your compression down about a full point, and many of them say that off-boost you can barely tell the difference.

That's the route I'll be going, as I'm only going for about 400-450rwhp. Anywhere in that range will be perfectly fine, and not be really pushing the limits of the drivetrain. There are some heavy hitters over on BF.c, and they've all got way more work in the drivetrain than I care to tackle for a daily driver...

NashMan;1248186 said:
i whould not bother dude there stuiped tight fit
trans\rear ends can't really take it clutch's are freaking stuiped money for the car
you jumping to an expencie life by turboing bmw's

i done some befor and m3 likes your's

blew his tranny and rear end and killed his clutch

Right on. Regardless of top or bottom mount, it's just tight. No way around that. The trans isn't as much of a problem as things like ripping the rear subframe, or snapping the oh-so-common differential bolt...

Your best bet for a clutch would be something like South Bend, lots of guys over on BF.c swear by them.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
his tran's died form slicks sub frame got wrecked as well forgot about that we just rewedle it and reinfocred it made custom polly monte for the new diff

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
Don't mean to clutter thread but, I just recently lost my supra in a car accident and I am now looking into getting a 97 m3.

its a 5 speed four door manual.

Is there anything I should worry about?

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
There are a few things you should look at. I think we went over in a few post in this thread. One big one that I remember is cracking of the rear shock tower. It can be repaired but it is $600 or so. There are small problems with the display on the climate control and radio not lighting up but those are easy fix's. If I think of anything else I will post it.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
BorHor;1091914 said:
Dang I had a list of common issues listed out but it didn't post.. but here we go again.. I should have posted this before you put money down but I just realized that now.

Rear shock tower cracking- section needs to be cut out and a new tower welded in

radio head set back light going out- just need to open it up and re solder in a week contact of a resister.

Cluster black light goes out - just need to pull the cluster off and change the bulb.

If your ABS light it might be a brake sensor and my dad figured out a way to fix it and save over $100 :)

I know there is more but that is all I can think of right now

Brewster;1092747 said:
Plus:

Exploding engine fan
Exploding radiator
Self destructing water pump
Wiring harness that runs to the trunk cracks and shorts out

:biglaugh:

Zumtizzle;1093063 said:
rsm_failure.jpg

-Rear shock mount failure is a very common problem, and can occur in as little as 20k miles. The symptoms begin with a dull clunking noise in the rear over bumps or rough roads, indicating that the shock piston rod has separated from the bushing mount. This can progress into metallic noises as the mount bolts shear off if not replaced in a timely fashion. The broken mounts eventually damage and tear the rear shock towers. Stronger E46 mounts along with Z3 reinforcement plates are recommended for replacement, and even better aftermarket parts are available from outfits such as Rogue Engineering and Ground Control.

http://www.unitedbimmer.com/kb-e36-common-faults-faq.php

There we go.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Welp I am pretty set now on just getting wheels and coilovers for this car and call it quits from all car stuff for a while. At the age of 20 I already did too much car stuff and I bringing it to a slow pause until I am settled and can afford making a car that I want.