M series interchangable parts guide?

ABQMK2

Mar 8, 2007
Keller TX
forums.celicasupra.com
Ok if I posted this in the wrong section or its been discussed before..I appolagize in advance.

Does anyone know of a website/link to a partslist that would identify parts that are interchangable on our engines..example oil sending unit 5mge/7mgte/7mge interchangable?

Or if anyone knows for sure from experience parts that are, maybe we can post them up here. The reason Im asking is, I was at the junkyard yesterday digging up 2 V6 contour fans and ran across a 87/88 NA supra and I was eyeballing the one knock sensor on it(in the middle slot on the block) and said to myself "self, i wonder if I can use that?"

I know we can swap T-stat housings..for one less "port". Also heads(switch cams).

Anyone?

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Well, I know that people have connected the NA knock sensors from a 7M-GE to the GTE electronics, and therefore, I'd say that the knock sensor is usable. (Should be, it's basically just a microphone.)

The question would be if it will thread into the bosses on the block for it, however, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
i dont know if the knock sensors are interchangeable as my friend with 7mgte engine had n/a knock sensors and was throwing code 52 he then switched to known turbo knock sensors and it worked but i dunno. i know 7mge-7mgte cranks are interchangeable and the 7m heads are for the most part interchangeable

pogoism9

1UZ for me!
May 18, 2007
fredericksburg, va
crank, head, cams, entire valve train, bearings, rings, rods, thrust washers, balancer, water pump, timing set, oil pan...all that stuff is interchangeable GE/GTE and some of it even 5M

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
N/A and turbo knock sensors are the same. If a problem was solved because of switching them, it's because the one(s) that were switched out were bad, or just had a bad connection. ;)