ls6 powered mk3?

GImk3

Sep 24, 2012
nj
Thanks for the input,will get started and post pics as soon as I'm done this round of training,can not wait to whoop some unsuspecting people in racing,plan on keeping the body stock,just toss on some rims,I love the way the mk3 looks.My buddy that's putting the motor from a q45 in his s13 240sx wants to race ,think I should have him

Slayr504

Aug 16, 2012
Murica
GImk3;1878859 said:
Thanks for the input,will get started and post pics as soon as I'm done this round of training,can not wait to whoop some unsuspecting people in racing,plan on keeping the body stock,just toss on some rims,I love the way the mk3 looks.My buddy that's putting the motor from a q45 in his s13 240sx wants to race ,think I should have him
That's a sick setup for a 240. Is it a coupe or hatch?

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
I just got my L33 hooked to the trans and set in the engine bay this weekend. Hopefully I can get some engine mounts fabbed by next weekend and start buttoning up the details. I can't believe how much room there is in the engine bay.

ThunderZTA

Twitch
Apr 17, 2012
Texas
LS1/LS6 would be a fine motor for any application. The LS1's tend to be cheaper by about $1000 and you can make up the 50 HP difference very easily. the differences are very minor and if you intend to mod the engine internally then the differences will become pointless at that point. The block differences are the only thing at that point that you would need to take into account.

Also remember in this conversion you will be puting almost double the size motor into your car....going from 3L to 5.7L, measuring everything will be the key to your success.

Good luck and keep us posted on your project!

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
ThunderZTA;1879232 said:
Also remember in this conversion you will be puting almost double the size motor into your car....going from 3L to 5.7L, measuring everything will be the key to your success.

The LS series of engines is physically smaller then the UZ so fitting the engine into the bay is not a problem. It is amazing that GM fits from 4.8L to 7.0L all in the same size package.

ThunderZTA

Twitch
Apr 17, 2012
Texas
I understand that its smaller then the UZ but its still bigger then the motor that was original to the vehicle thats all i am saying. GM has dominated the Small block V8 for as long as i can remember so its no suprise that many people swap to them over others

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
MightyAl;1878480 said:
ls6 is the same as the ls1 except different cam, intake, a slight bump in compression, better heads with a lighter valvetrain. There are few differences in the blocks but very minor. They were built for the c5 Z06 and put out 405hp compared to the ls1 350hp rating. Both have the same 5.7l displacement.

CTS-V's had them for a while too, then they went with the LS2, which is easier to find.

I say go for it! There's a giant LS1 swap thread on Supraforums and it's amazing what they can be put into.

ThunderZTA

Twitch
Apr 17, 2012
Texas
RazoE;1879273 said:
CTS-V's had them for a while too, then they went with the LS2, which is easier to find.

I say go for it! There's a giant LS1 swap thread on Supraforums and it's amazing what they can be put into.

Oh yeah the 2004-2005 CTS-V

Another option if you dont mind a little weight is the 6.0L LQ4/LQ9 iron block that was in trucks....has about the same stock HP as the LS1, adds 70 pounds to the front end, has more potential due to more choice in heads and the larger displacement, can use some ls1/ls6 parts, and its going to be cheaper then an LS1

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Slayr504;1879497 said:
Mmmmmmm....displacement...drooolll haha
p1879502_1.jpg

GImk3

Sep 24, 2012
nj
The 240 is a hatch.busy as hell getting ready to go to Georgia then God knows where,thankfully the army pays to ship all your stuff.also I think it should not be too hard to put the ls in there,it has a pretty big engine bay

Slayr504

Aug 16, 2012
Murica
ThunderZTA;1879905 said:
Here's an LS1 powered 240sx with MS3 cam, full exhaust, ported stock heads, and ls6 intake making over 400 whp.....thats a pre-01 camaro LS1 so he started with only 310-320 BHP.....so about $2000 in mods took him from 280-290 WHP to over 400 WHP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KML2u8eR0u8
That's bad ass. Also, your avatar literally made me LOL, the people in my office just looked at me like I was crazy o_O

ThunderZTA

Twitch
Apr 17, 2012
Texas
Slayr504;1879946 said:
That's bad ass. Also, your avatar literally made me LOL, the people in my office just looked at me like I was crazy o_O

extremely badass, big motors in little cars are always awesome...there are alot of RX7s running around with them as well.....out of all of them though my favorite LS series swaps have to be when Mustang owners do it because they all get soooooooo butthurt "oh your going to hell for putting a GM motor in a ford!!!"

Lol, hope you didn't get into any trouble. The first time i saw it as well i had some very "he's crazy stares"

Slayr504

Aug 16, 2012
Murica
ThunderZTA;1880108 said:
extremely badass, big motors in little cars are always awesome...there are alot of RX7s running around with them as well.....out of all of them though my favorite LS series swaps have to be when Mustang owners do it because they all get soooooooo butthurt "oh your going to hell for putting a GM motor in a ford!!!"

Lol, hope you didn't get into any trouble. The first time i saw it as well i had some very "he's crazy stares"
Nah, it's a family owned business so no one can really tell me shit. They say "boss", I say "Pops" haha My buddy actually had an FC with a crate 350 in that was pretty sick, then he sold it and went MK3 haha. V8 Rxs are more reliable than the damn rotary anyway :D