Ls400 fan clutch with 7M blades and Koyo racing Radiator?

BurntBisquit763

Aug 2, 2011
Minny Soda
Ive been searching and i cant find anybody with this setup, i was wondering if anybody has done this setup before? any issues that came up with this setup?

BurntBisquit763

Aug 2, 2011
Minny Soda
IBoughtASupra;1814529 said:
Click my JZ link in my signature and read up.
Ive read that, i was just seeing if anybody ran the setup that i list in the post, just curious just to save money, if too many issues i will buy a different setup.

BurntBisquit763

Aug 2, 2011
Minny Soda
IBoughtASupra;1814538 said:
It sits very close to the stock radiator with the LS400 setup.
ohhh okay i see, did you have issues with the fitment of the 7m shroud when you went with the koyo racing radiator with the 1jz fan blade/clutch and the 2jz-gte water pump?

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
I'm running this setup. I have the koyo, 7m fan and had the shroud but had to remove it due to a security ramp being raised on me which caused the motor to be raised and the fan hit the shroud and broke it. Before it was fine.
The issues I had with this setup are:
1. The koyo overflow tube came off very easily, had to have it soldered on.
2. The ls400 clutch spun too freely causing the car to overheat in the summer. I got a toyota 4x4 off road clutch for summer but its so stiff you can hear the fan over the turbos. I added a bottle of silicone oil you can get from toyota for the ls400 clutch and it is a little firmer so it cools better.

BurntBisquit763

Aug 2, 2011
Minny Soda
f00g00;1814610 said:
I'm running this setup. I have the koyo, 7m fan and had the shroud but had to remove it due to a security ramp being raised on me which caused the motor to be raised and the fan hit the shroud and broke it. Before it was fine.
The issues I had with this setup are:
1. The koyo overflow tube came off very easily, had to have it soldered on.
2. The ls400 clutch spun too freely causing the car to overheat in the summer. I got a toyota 4x4 off road clutch for summer but its so stiff you can hear the fan over the turbos. I added a bottle of silicone oil you can get from toyota for the ls400 clutch and it is a little firmer so it cools better.
Ohhhhh alright thanks man, much appreciated.