Ls3 vs 2j mkIII

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
So it was about 7 o'clock at night and i was heading to a bar and grill to meet my aunt for dinner

out of no where a new corvette and a benz ls55 AMG pulled right beside me. one on each side of my car. the guy in the corvette pulls his window down and yells out "lets go!" So hell, why not. my mind set with every race is if i win, im doing something good. if i lose, damn that car is fast.

so drop down to 3rd gear to 60mph and the corvette and AMG soon follow.
the guy in the corvette honks 3 times and i let her rip. now we all know that
3rd gear pulls go by very fast. as before i can even shift to 4th the vette was about 5 to 6 car lenths ahead of me and the AMG was about 3 cars ahead of me.

before the race even began it ended. the both slow down and give me a thumbs up and i did the same. they asked where i was going and i told them that i was heading to a bar. they said you mid if we join you. sure why not i replied.

we get to my destination and they both just came up to me and thanked me. i asked why? he said no one has ever had the guts go against him. "wo what is the big deal?" its a vette. then he goes to pop his hood and the first thing i see is his twi turbo set up. it was absolutely amazing. i tell him, "so thats why you pulled so fast ahead of me back there." he smiles and thanks me again and they both take off burning rubber.

yes i did loose but, it was a great run. i got great credit for doing what i did and hopefully i can get my car faster then his one day.

ed.d.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
mods on my car are
3 inch exhuast from turbo to cat
single t-70 turbo at 13 psi
550 USDM 2Jz Gte injectors
SAFC II
HKS intercooler
R154 Tranny
6 puck unsprung clutch with stock PP

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
MkIIIentropy;965064 said:
Nice race, considering the 2 cars you were up against, I don't think you did too bad! :)

i guess your right. i mean other people would have been such dicks just cuz they won. these guys actually thanked me for racing them.

ed.d

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Why does this thread say LS9? The LS9 is the supercharged 6.2 (or 6.3, I can't remember offhand) liter motor for the ZR1, which AFAIK, isn't out yet.

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
Was it an LS2(05-07), or LS3(08) powered vette? The LS9 is a supercharged LS3 IIRC, 6.2 Litres, which as Doward correctly stated isn't out yet. Unless it was a TT Z06, which is a 7.0(ls7), but to me it seems unlikely.

Either way I saw a TT C5 vette once, that thing was fast as hell, we also have a SC'ed Z06 around here too, oddly enough both are blue in color and of the C5 generation.

Props to ya running em though.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
ok, to clear things up it is a LS3 2008 corvette twin turbo. those things are fast as hell. by looking at the car, one would never think of twins on there. it looked like just any other vette rolling around. im glad that i did race that monster. it just give me more motivation to work harder on my car.

ed.d.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
If it's a built LS3 with forged internals, I would not go back for more. If it's stock internals, most likely he's pushing 550-600rwhp at the most. Still fast in a light vette, but beatable.

I bet without the twin turbos it would still be a good race depending on your tune at 13psi. The LS3 has put down over 370rwhp completly stock.

Good death.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
you know. it would have been a damn good race if it wasnt for the twins.

i feel so bad that i didnt get this on video.
i gotta make something to be able to attach a video camera in the car without capturing all the vibrations. home depot here i come.

ed.d.

blazerkd

Sep 11, 2007
dayton,oh
pretty cool man.......go back (70 roll) on 30 pounds, slicks, and race gas:naughty:

.....assuming you're motor is built