LS1 Swap engine mounts help

88MK3.

Dose any one have the measurements to make the custom engine mounts for a LS1 swap in a 88? or can any one make some i can buy or have photos ect. I need anything that will help me pre-make the mounts without trial and error. also dose any one have photos of a finished swap or install? let me know

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
lsx183.jpg

lsx186.jpg

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
MightyAl;1908439 said:
He'll in the above thread I even posted a PDF of the solid works drawing I did for the mounts. Hopefully you brought your own spoon.

Well that makes it easy lol.

Just remember, it may be different depending the transmission you use. May have to move the engine further forward or back inorder to get the shifter to line up. Other then that you are golden.

88MK3.

AbsoluteSpeed;1908447 said:
Well that makes it easy lol.

Just remember, it may be different depending the transmission you use. May have to move the engine further forward or back inorder to get the shifter to line up. Other then that you are golden.

Im going to use a 4L60E with it its the automatic trans that goes with the engine. i believe its cable shifted so i might have to make some brackets

88MK3.

Thanks allot!! all the pix and that PDF will really lelp me when i get my swap going this summer. I was thinking about getting it done at shop but now im going to try and do it my self and only take it to a shop to do the wiring and exhaust, and were you able to get it to pass an emissions test in your state? or are you still working on it?