LS1 Supra Swap

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
That makes making the engine mounts easy :)

Bolt the trans on bolt it's cross member up with the engine hanging from the chainblock get the angles right then tack it all in place done!

Shatonapples

Jul 1, 2007
Austin, TX
IJ.;1426619 said:
That makes making the engine mounts easy :)

Bolt the trans on bolt it's cross member up with the engine hanging from the chainblock get the angles right then tack it all in place done!

Yeah, dude, that's what I was thinking. Sounds like a plan. I'm pretty excited to get started, but I have just been sidetracked with fixing my junker. Plus, money is already getting tight for this project, and the Camaro parts aren't selling as quickly as I expected. Haven't posted the rear end yet, though, and I know that will sell for a good deal. People pay quite a bit for LSD live axles, for some reason, lol.

Shatonapples

Jul 1, 2007
Austin, TX
Good and bad news!

The good:
I just got a badass promotion at work. It came along with a nice 50% hour increase and 60% raise, so funding for this project may not be at a standstill after all. The position requires travelling, too, which will make for a total blast. I really want to travel around, meet new people and junk. I'm excited!

The bad:
With 30 hours a week and 13 hours of school, I'm not going to have practically any time to actually do any work on the car. We'll see what happens, but until I start the job (Early November), I'm going to try to get as much done as possible.

More bad:
My boss thinks I'm still going to be working for him some of the time, but it's been made clear to me that that is just not the case. I will be working 99% of the time on other projects, and he has to find a replacement for me. And there aren't many programmers (no degree) who work for $10/hr, lol.

Suprafast44

Missin My MKIII
Feb 21, 2006
NJ
SUBSCRIBED, THIS IS AWESOME, i have an ls1 gto and im picking up a 90 n.a hardtop auto that ill be building to a 7M turbo to a turbo 400 or a 700r4 so this is an awesome idea to me haha

Shatonapples

Jul 1, 2007
Austin, TX
Suprafast44;1428256 said:
SUBSCRIBED, THIS IS AWESOME, i have an ls1 gto and im picking up a 90 n.a hardtop auto that ill be building to a 7M turbo to a turbo 400 or a 700r4 so this is an awesome idea to me haha

Welcome. Sounds fun, man. Is your 90 N/A a manual or automatic?

dok33;1428399 said:
Subscribed, nice to see another MKIII coming together in Austin :)

Thanks, glad you're joining the party! Maybe when I get this going sometime, we'll meet up or something. Were you ever a part of the Texas Supra Club in Austin?

Well, I figured out how multi-quoting works. It's not difficult at all, as it turns out!

Hopefully, I'll get some pics up this weekend. I just haven't had time to go pick up my camera which I forgot at the garage.

Shatonapples

Jul 1, 2007
Austin, TX
dok33;1429028 said:
Was never a part of any local clubs but I do attend the Austin Hill Country cruise every time it happens

I think my supra has been sketchy every time that crusie came around. Hopefully It'll be working well next time around!

Suprafast44;1429061 said:
auto and it'll b staying that way lol

That's cool, I was just curious.

I think I just found out that I can use the water-jet and some 1/4 steel to fab my engine mount adapters here at the university I'm attending. I'm pretty excited about that!

james_9876

Rehabilitation time...
Aug 1, 2007
Spartanburg, SC
Subscribed for Sure. Or you might luck up and design the motor mount (hot tall, what angle, etc) and see if the instructor will toss it as a challenge to his students. All you might have to pay is a small Donation for material. I think that might be a possibility.

Later

HLFV

Shatonapples

Jul 1, 2007
Austin, TX
james_9876;1429103 said:
Subscribed for Sure. Or you might luck up and design the motor mount (hot tall, what angle, etc) and see if the instructor will toss it as a challenge to his students. All you might have to pay is a small Donation for material. I think that might be a possibility.

Later

HLFV

Nice, that sounds like a good idea. I bet one of the manufacturing engineers might be interested in that.

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
Shatonapples;1429231 said:
Nice, that sounds like a good idea. I bet one of the manufacturing engineers might be interested in that.

If so, build a few sets. I sure there's a few people here that would be interested in a bolt-in Ls1

Shatonapples

Jul 1, 2007
Austin, TX
limequat;1429307 said:
If so, build a few sets. I sure there's a few people here that would be interested in a bolt-in Ls1

I'll see what I can do!

speedgilligan;1429363 said:
finish your 4.2L first!

lol...i'd be interested in some boosted LSX :naughty:

Haha, yeah. I will probably put a blower on my LSX if I do boost on it though, turbo setups look painful (i.e. IJ's.)

speedgilligan

UL Mechanical Engineering
Jul 2, 2009
Louisville, KY
Shatonapples;1429464 said:
Haha, yeah. I will probably put a blower on my LSX if I do boost on it though, turbo setups look painful (i.e. IJ's.)

Lol, I'll let you know, my friend is planning to turbo his LS2 GTO this winter

Shatonapples

Jul 1, 2007
Austin, TX
Didn't make a whole lot of progress this weekend, most of the time was spent on my MR-2 and some friends' cars.

Hopefully going to sell the tranny from the camaro this weekend for some funding!