LS1 Supra Swap

Shatonapples

Jul 1, 2007
Austin, TX
foreverpsycotic;1423994 said:
No, just wondering for future reference ;)

Hah, well, that's one of those "I'll cross that bridge when I come to it" things for me. I'm trying to take this project one step at a time, I know a good deal about cars, but mostly, I'm just going to be winging this project.

I feel silly not having really started, I've been preoccupied ripping that camaro apart. Haven't even had time to take the supra apart yet.

Shatonapples

Jul 1, 2007
Austin, TX
picked up a cheap compressor and transported it in the bed of my truck.

p1425020_1.jpg

Shatonapples

Jul 1, 2007
Austin, TX
IJ.;1425928 said:
Same same Shat!

Rockin, Ian. Thanks a billion.

Update from Saturday: The camaro is out of the garage and the garage is organized again! Now, I need to pull the engine out of the supra and get started on the real part of the project. I have a few pics that will go up tonight if all goes well!

Sunday: Now I'm a little sidetracked with my Mr. Truck, going to paint it and help some friends paint their cars today Sunday. Maybe take some shots of the Mr. Truck and other various cars that are getting awesome paint from Home Depot.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
03-04 Cobras came with T56s that had 10 spline input shafts (T5s, T45s, 3650s and maybe more, but those for sure). Most guys have no issue reliably making 500+rwhp for extended periods of time on the stock transmission after the switch to 26 spline (GM) input shafts. For random additional reference, T5s and T45s use 10.5" clutches, while T56s (at least the Ford OEM version) and 3650s use 11".

I'm not big into f-bodies anymore, but I did spend a lot of time on LS1Tech and LS1LT1.com back in the day, and didn't see anyone posting about issues with their transmissions. I don't know why the CTSs and GTOs have issues, other than maybe because they're dragging 1000+ extra pounds around. lol

Shatonapples

Jul 1, 2007
Austin, TX
Quin;1426214 said:
03-04 Cobras came with T56s that had 10 spline input shafts (T5s, T45s, 3650s and maybe more, but those for sure). Most guys have no issue reliably making 500+rwhp for extended periods of time on the stock transmission after the switch to 26 spline (GM) input shafts. For random additional reference, T5s and T45s use 10.5" clutches, while T56s (at least the Ford OEM version) and 3650s use 11".

I'm not big into f-bodies anymore, but I did spend a lot of time on LS1Tech and LS1LT1.com back in the day, and didn't see anyone posting about issues with their transmissions. I don't know why the CTSs and GTOs have issues, other than maybe because they're dragging 1000+ extra pounds around. lol

Nice, thanks for the tidbit.

I forgot my camera, so I'll have to post those pics up later this week. Totally didn't get to paint because the weather was awfully rainy. I got some of the body work done on the MR-Truck that I needed to, though.