LS/LQ Swap info needed

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
So Ive been looking around finding some good information. Im looking to swap in a small block, Im looking at an LQ4 or possibly LM4 is I can find one. My reason for using the Iron block is that this is something Im doing on a budget, mostly because this is just something fun to do with my 89 while I build a proper ttr replica with my 92 that I have. Plus if I blow one up I should be able to get another one from any junk yard anywhere in the nation for cheap.

I am not looking to build a street car, I will be putting a roll cage in it and drifting it. BUT, with that being said I do want to keep it street legal. So as far as electronics go Im not looking to utilize any of the Toyota dash. My plan is to make and overhead switch panel (because race car) and wire everything to that. Fuel pumps, ecu power, fans, all the minimal stuff I need will be there.

Im looking to use an R154, because I have a spare. Two actually. Ive found the option of using an LS flywheel, land cruiser disk and the solstice retainer and slave. Im wondering is this the best option for the R154 with a small block. Like I said, this will be a mostly dedicated track car so if its going to be easier to use a GM tranny, I am more than ok with cutting a hole for the shifter back futher than stock and making a bracket off the too far back shifter that would connect to a more easy to reach shifter in the stock position.

Any thoughts, suggestions or recommendations are greatly appreciated. As I get this project going, in the next couple weeks Ill keep this thread updated for anyone using the search function in the near, or distant future.