LPPRO's over the top 2jz hybrid build

lppro

LP Performance & off road
Apr 21, 2007
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
yea im definitely sticking with the 2j. ive already had one in this car and really liked it. cant wait to get it running again! hopefully it wont be long! bountykilla0118, are you ever in the buford area? i saw a white mk3 at the shell station on the corner of hwy 20 and peachtree ind. a few weeks back

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Nice build man. I'm very jealous of your shop. I wish I had the luxury of even a 2-car garage. Unforunately, I'm stuck in a tiny 1-car. Anyhow, good luck with the build. When do you think you'll have it running?

wildfire0310

May 16, 2007
Dacula, GA
lppro;1602847 said:
you live around here man? we need to do a little meet or somethin some time! any others around here?

Yea I live near you. Right over by the Hamilition Mill. Currently Supra-less, as I sold my mk3 years back, and haven't been in a position to replace it, but still have a boosted Miata.

As for others, I have seen a white mk3 at the wally-world a few times. Haven't seen to many other supras in this area.

bountykilla0118;1602856 said:
i live in sandy springs ..... which is rich next to dunwoody :) ..... i drive a pretty supra/super white

Haha.. I use to live down that area, back when I had my mk3. Not to many supras in that area. Well there the 1000+ whp mk4 beast.

wildfire0310

May 16, 2007
Dacula, GA
bountykilla0118;1605932 said:
I was in that area a few times in the lasr few months ..... if it had wheels on it then its me .....

Well it had FD rims, Zen Motorsports sticker on the rear window and a aftermarket FMIC.

You know if it was you as I put a piece of paper on the windshield saying nice car.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Lol naw not me ...

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

The wally world on ashford dunwoody?? I manage the valet lot at Pf Changs across the street

wildfire0310

May 16, 2007
Dacula, GA
bountykilla0118;1606339 said:
Lol naw not me ...

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

The wally world on ashford dunwoody?? I manage the valet lot at Pf Changs across the street

Naw. I was talking about the Wally world over by Lppro and I. I know which wally world you are talking about. The current g/f lives that way, so I will keep my eye out when down that way.

So Lppro, any progress or updates??

lppro

Apr 21, 2007
not really any progress this week, i had a civic motor swop to do and now a little bullshit work on a old maxima. work comes first! lol. Im probably going to cut my motor mounts in the next few days so i can set the 2j back an inch or so for more clearance and a little cleaner look. and that inch or so will help slightly with weight distribution.

lppro

Apr 21, 2007
Got a little done today.. no pics tho. I managed to rip out all my brake lines and my old non working abs unit. Time to make up some new lines cause the abs is not going back in! I figure ill shed about 200 pounds in the front of the car after i get all the a/c stuff and abs stuff out of there. plus i wont have a big ass front mount IC going back in either (; hint. hint. another reason im making more room in front of the motor..... ya'll will just have to wait and see what i got coming!

lppro

Apr 21, 2007

wildfire0310

May 16, 2007
Dacula, GA
lppro;1607590 said:
freggin A is it really this hard to find an r154 for a reasonable price now!? dude on ebay wants like 2 grand for a jdm one!!!! is he serious?! damnit. i so hate myself for selling my last one.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-...ors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories#ht_500wt_1182

..........really man? wow.

Why would you have sold it???

BTW there is a few local junkyards and pull a parts in the area, but MK3 are kinda rare in the area so you may not have to much luck finding an R154 locally.