lppro's back kinda... 2jz mk3 build update

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Hey that looks like a Chevy Colorado trans based on the shifter location in the picture. Same thing I'm using in my car, which is super close to driving now.
I gotta ask, though: what did you do about the shifter location? Did you have to cut/notch the trans tunnel? I ended up cutting a chunk out of mine and then welding a kinked shifter on so that it wasn't nearly bumping the dash in 1, 3, and 5, because of how far forward it sat.

And what about the input shaft? I had to make/install a 5mm spacer between the bellhousing and the body of the transmission so the input shaft didn't bottom out in the back of the block. 1JZ in this case, but I can't imagine it's that much different.

lppro

LP Performance & off road
Apr 21, 2007
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
well a first i cut/modified the core support because i was going to run a water to air ic setup between the motor and rad. but i ended up not going that route. then i decided since i had already hacked up the core support i may as well build a nice one out of 1.5" DOM i had laying around lol. and some times i just like to do stuff because i can and to be different! haha. and as for the shifter location, after i moved the motor back with the custom mounts i made it lined up perfectly. no cutting of the tunnel! and for the input shaft i had it cut down at the machine shop.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Nice job! I think it'd be harder for me to get mine that far back partly because of the stock twins coming close to the firewall. Maybe with a big hammer...

Last edited: