Lowering the stock suspension??

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
see and for me this is where i im gonna have to compromise because the front looks perfect in the front but the back looks too low for my taste...i kinda like that slightly higher in the back look...not much but a bit...im thinking the rsr race would be good for me or the eibachs i guess....

AR_91SupraTurbo

Jan 2, 2006
Fayetteville, AR
www.facebook.com
These might help you decide. Eibach/tockico ill2 combo. I like it better than old tired set that was on there.

p1666455_1.jpg

p1666455_2.jpg

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
i like it! still would like to see the back up and the nose down just a touch if it was mine...but without coil overs thats the best ive seen so far....do shocks effect the stance or height at all? now just need to see one with the rsr race on it....

1jChris

Oct 31, 2010
NY
I think the Eibach springs will give you the drop you are looking for. Simple drop, but not too drastic. You should also change the shocks while you are at it.

roystunna

May 27, 2009
USA
Eibachs are good, H&R has a very low drop around 2" although it looks soo sweet, its impractical. There is also coilovers for variable height and ride quality. Teins, Megans, or HKS coilovers for that route although they can be very expensive.

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
i will definatly do shocks at the same time...seems silly not to cause you already have them out....i would do it if they were bad or not....eibachs it is i think....what shocks are decent and most cost effective? tokico blues? or does it need to be ill2? thoughts?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
roystunna;1669313 said:
Eibachs are good, H&R has a very low drop around 2" although it looks soo sweet, its impractical. There is also coilovers for variable height and ride quality. Teins, Megans, or HKS coilovers for that route although they can be very expensive.

Depends on your driving style and where you live.

roystunna

May 27, 2009
USA
^ on normal driving style the front end is too low with H&Rs, they tend to rub up on the inner fender wells whenever you dip or hit a bump etc.

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
well it seems like after some flash chatting that bilstiens are the way to go....i hear that they are adjustable? does that mean i could get a bit more drop out of the eibachs with them?

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
No, by adjustable I believe they are talking about the damping adjustment. That only means that you can tune them to match different springs (since different springs have a different stiffness). You always want to match the valving in your dampers to the springs you are using so that the suspension doesn't keep bouncing after you hit a bump or pack down when you hit a series of bumps.

To have adjustable height you'd need to buy coilovers or a set of springs with threaded sleeves to use on the normal style dampers/shocks.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
No bilsteins are hieght adj not dampning adjut.

Ihave them with eibachs. Im a tad lower than friends with just eibachs and say kybs. Only prob is (cant remember) fronts are as low as they go and rears are on high. Might be other way around But its not like you can just slam it with them. But bilsteins are amoung the top quality shocks and have been for years.

p1673292_1.jpg

p1673292_2.jpg

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
nice so thats exactly what i needed to see...eibachs on bilstiens...i like it....now i just need to see the rsr race springs with bilstiens....looks good...

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
H&R's with kyb's in my sig. the rear tires are one size taller. They're no longer on my car though, im going with Eibach's this time.

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
also im curious about the camber bolts....cause the car obviously will need alingnment and ive heard alot of horror stories of these breaking...so should i go ahead and buy a new set to give to the alignment shop?