Lowered car, MKIV turbo wheels, SupraSport (LIPP) traction arms.

Kyle Hunter

Dec 4, 2005
Carey, OH
My car has been lowered with eibachs for a while now. I've also had the MKIV turbo wheels for a while as well. Today I installed the LIPP/SupraSport traction arms and when I put the car down on the wheels the traction arms made contact with the inside of the wheel. Of course I did not think to look for clearance after putting the car back down so I started to drive it and heard and awful metal on metal noise.

I am going to try putting some wheel spaces tomorrow and see if that gives me the clearance that I need.

The reason for this post is to warn others of the combination and/or find out if others have already encountered this and the solution has been.

-Kyle

Kyle Hunter

Dec 4, 2005
Carey, OH
CTsupra;979523 said:
Hmm, did you install them correctly? Need pics.

Edit: Is the straight edge of the arm parallel to the body? Guys run these arms with much wider wheels and no problems.

I put some 7mm spacers on that I happened to have laying around and the problem is fixed for now.

p980902_1.jpg

p980902_2.jpg

p980902_3.jpg

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
ouchh, mine run pretty close too but i have the mkiv offset for my wheels. i want to get spacers as well

Sportriderseattle

Nov 5, 2006
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
great looking car! What type of camera and/or lens are you using to photograph your car? Your images are rather distorted. The one on the race track your hood looks overly long and the other two look one dimensional and flat, infact the last too side profile images look identical as if you simply altered the image of the car and put it on two separate backgrounds.