Lower Bellhousing Dust Cover

luvs2slide

Boso Drifter
Apr 19, 2005
Shalimar, FL
Hi everyone does anyone know if the R154 comes with a lower transmission Dust cover? It is a thin plate that is "sandwiched" when the transmission bellhousing bolts to the engine brackets. I just completed a cltch install and it was pretty straightforward...however it seems that the dust cover won't line up with all the holes. thanks for any replies

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Yes there are two plates like that. One has a hole for the starter and basically covers the top. The other covers the bottom portion.

luvs2slide

Boso Drifter
Apr 19, 2005
Shalimar, FL
I must have confused you Bishop. I know the whole complete bellhousing has 2 covers for it. The "dust" cover im talking about goes between the transmission and engine at the bottom. It is bolted by two brackets which are bolted the block on both sides. It may just act as a dust shield but mine doesn't line up. Could it be deformed or wat?

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
That's the lower cover I was talking about. It can be especially hard to fit if the tranny and engine are already snug together. IIRC it's got a little tab that it needs to slide around the top cover. And it only goes in one way. Unless you physically bent it I doubt it would ever get damaged on the car in such a way that it didn't fit anymore.