Low Oil Pressure

Josh913

Apr 5, 2005
Charlotte,NC
Sup guys... I was just wondering what would cause low oil pressure..which caused a new rebuilt engine to get rod knock? The Oil pump is brand new from toyota.

Just wondering what might've caused it.

thanks

Josh913

Apr 5, 2005
Charlotte,NC
so is this something that would've happened no matter how long I waited to push the car...because I waited until about 1500miles instead of the rec. 3000 I think it was.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
its the fault of the engine builder.

no matter what caused the failure, as long as you kept clean oil in it, (and enough oil) then it is the fault of your builder and he should repair it.

Josh913

Apr 5, 2005
Charlotte,NC
Really? I kept Clean oil in it..and kept it full. I had actually just changed it again like 3days prior to the knocking. The guy said if I brought him the block back after machine work it would still be like 400somethin to repair. but I would have to pull it again and dissassemble it. and he lives a couple hours from me and right now I just don't have the time or money really to mess with it....sucks

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
did you get a receipt?

you can take him to small claims court either for a refund, or get an estimate for the repair from another machinist/shop/whatever and take the guy to court for that.

if you didnt get a receipt you can try asking him for one without mentioning court and hopefully he would write one up for you.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
It is the engine builders fault like lagged said, same thing happened to me. But in my case the builder stepped up and redid the build at no cost to me.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Josh913 said:
I paid with paypal. It's just a sorry situation..I guess that's how it goes........

i guess? if you like throwing money away.

if i were in your situation this is what i would do:

print out the payment information from paypal making sure you specified what the payment was for.

get an estimate for repair from another shop.

go back to the builder with the estimate and receipt from paypal and tell the guy that you either want him to pay for the repair or give you a full refund.

now, most likely the estimate for repair will be more than a refund and this is what gives you a little bit of bargaining leverage.

tell the guy that if he dosnt give you a refund you will take him to small claims court for the cost of the repair.

you have proof of payment of the services he provided and you have an estimate for a repair which not only establishes a cost owned to you, but the fact that the original work was faulty.

Josh913

Apr 5, 2005
Charlotte,NC
Well, This def. set me back and I def. don't like throwing money away...I sent him a message and hopefully everything can just get settled properly.

Josh913

Apr 5, 2005
Charlotte,NC
There is a small dent in the oil pan..is this likely to cause the knock?

p494635_1.jpg