low idle.. car stalls if I don't keep on the gas

Apr 13, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Hey.. haven't run my supra for a little while.. probably haven't started it for a month.. Went to start it.. and well of course the battery is dead but I jumped it and it started but then it would stall right away if I don't keep the gas on it. Fully charged the battery and still same problem. It will start now but will shut off if I don't stay on gas. What happend?

Aug 15, 2008
Navan, Ontario
Also you might want to check the alternator. you might have charged the battery all the way, but if your alternator isnt performing, than your battery will drain very quickly and it wont be able to stay started

Apr 13, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
88suprajosh;1109398 said:
IAC check that. Carbon build up + sitting a little while= it wont idle

IAC= what? sorry.. haven't been on the boards much in the last 2 years..

Well.. I messed with the throttle cable and it revs higher now and it stays on.. but this is only a "GHETTO" fix so I'm gonna look at the TPS and get some good gas after this storm blows through.

88suprajosh

Jul 17, 2008
Naptown
Idle Air Control Valve is on the side of the throttle body and has a passage inside the throttle body. This passage will get dirty and filled with carbon. I use throttle body cleaner with the hose and spray into the passage until it sprays clean out the other passage.

webbs7mgte

Jun 2, 2008
wisconsin
i had the same problem def. check into your tps i replaced mine it stayed ideling for longer but after i reved it up to about 3k i had a check engine light tried jumping the terminals for the code but it didnt come up as anythign it just flashed and stayed on so check your codes also my buddy has a problem like this and as weird as it sounds his vacum lines were routed the wrong way cus of a idiot who had replaced his TB

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
No time like the present to start getting the future wife accustomed to being second to the Supra. ;)

Congratulations. Please, once you do diagnose and correct the problem, post back with the cause and the remedy.