low boost hx35 compresser surge, is my BOV hooked up right?

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
i have a hx35 holset from 24valve cummins. and a fake hks ssqv BOV. the bov is connected to vacuum after TB- no filter inline. and say im starting to spool maybe 1-3 psi ill get surge if i let off. but at 16psi the bov opens and i go deaf from honda sounds out of the BOV.

SO..

-what can i do to remove the surge?
-routeing tips?
-what BOV will fit in the fake ssqv flange that sounds good?
-can i recirculate the ssqv to before turbo?

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
1986.5supra_kid;1947258 said:
i have a hx35 holset from 24valve cummins. and a fake hks ssqv BOV. the bov is connected to vacuum after TB- no filter inline. and say im starting to spool maybe 1-3 psi ill get surge if i let off. but at 16psi the bov opens and i go deaf from honda sounds out of the BOV.

SO..

-what can i do to remove the surge?
-routeing tips?
-what BOV will fit in the fake ssqv flange that sounds good?
-can i recirculate the ssqv to before turbo?

a lot of ssqvs are known for surge..mine does it but the funny thin is it opens all the way even at low boost but I still get surge��
if you recirculate it you won't hear that bov sound that you want to

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
how long have you had the bov?
sometimes they can get dirty and you can take them apart and clean then and use white lithium grease or something to grease the seals and such

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
1986.5supra_kid;1947291 said:
i dont like bov sounds or loud exhaust. i just like turbo whistle. and the BOV is new. it came from DM.com its the 1jz intercooler kit for ma70. those synapse or tial fit the hks flange?

Are you sure the BOV is opening and it's not the anti-surge barking on the HX35?

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
1986.5supra_kid;1947291 said:
i dont like bov sounds or loud exhaust. i just like turbo whistle. and the BOV is new. it came from DM.com its the 1jz intercooler kit for ma70. those synapse or tial fit the hks flange?
no but I think you can get an adapter
why'd you ask which one sounds good if you don't like the sounds? :)

3tc power

Jan 3, 2009
Tampa FL.
bov goes by to vacuum of he motor not how much boost you are running. i never liked the newer hks bov, i personally used the older hks racing bov the has an adjustment screw for you to get the perfect tension you motor needs to open the bov. if i were you just get a tail bov and find the spring that matches your motors idle vacuum, and that will work fine. don't cheap out on your motor dude because you will pay for it down the road.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
my friend in the VW community gave me his "real" HKS ssqv. this fixed the problem. for whatever reason the fake has rusted internally and has locked up. maybe if i was to clean it and lube it up it could be used but ive got a real hks now so eff it. my next supra will get tial goodies. the mk3 is the learner car since i was poor during college.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
1986.5supra_kid;1966446 said:
my friend in the VW community gave me his "real" HKS ssqv. this fixed the problem. for whatever reason the fake has rusted internally and has locked up. maybe if i was to clean it and lube it up it could be used but ive got a real hks now so eff it. my next supra will get tial goodies. the mk3 is the learner car since i was poor during college.

I love my tial. Works great only con is the size

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Isn't the tial using only spring pressure to hold it closed? So under high boost situations, you'll still get low pressure surge because the spring would be too strong to hold it for both situations, correct?