Lotek gauge pods

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Ok, so what's the deal on these? Does the 3 pod version's fitment suck, and the 2 pod version fits ok?

Roy's not making them any more, so what other options do I have, as far as a 3 gauge pod go?

I've got a boost gauge where the stock cig lighter is, and I'd like to put an EGT gauge, AFR gauge, and Oil Temp gauge on the pillar....

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
i just purchased my Lotek pod from www.guagepods.com and it fits ALMOST perfectly. there is a little bit of gap [1mm or so] that is open up where the top of the pillar meets the targa trim. the pod itself cost around $70 shipped in burgundy taht matches very nicely. with the 2 pod, u also get to retain the "oh-shit" handle if u love that oem look.

its not a bad product. took several days to ship because the company molds them to order.

ive heard the 3 pod has worse fitment problems but dont know from personal experience. id say that if u are wanting a nice looking piece that matches well go with the Lotek pod. u can get them in all colors.

-Tyler

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
I have had the two pod with no problems and now run the triple pillar pod. No issues there either. Fitment isn't too shabby, but the angles for the gauges could be a couple more degrees towards the driver, but that's not too big of a deal for me.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Eh, when I sit in the car, my head is about 1/2" from the roof, so I probably have a higher viewing angle than most :D

I'm mainly concerned with the fitment.

CPT, would you say the 2 pod fit better/worse than the 3 pod, or were they equal?

Also, I understand they use the oh-shit handle's mounts to hold in place?

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
yes, u remove the oh shit handle with the 2 bolts that are located in the base of them. there are 2 holes tapped into the new pillar piece and u just screw the bolts back into the stock location and it holds very nicely.

fitment should be very good so long as they dont F up ur pillar pod badly. which im sure they dont do that. lol

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
My two guage pod fits ok, the top edge is close to the side window, it could use a trim of about 1/8". One thing I dont like is how close the pod is to your hands/ knuckles on the steering wheel, I have like 1-1.5" clearence from my hands to the pod. I have smashed my knuckles a few times on the pod while drifting etc.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
The two pod keeps the oh-shit handle and the 3 pod gets rid of it.

The fitment for the 2-pod was better than the 3-pod, IMHO.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I had thought about it, and may do it depending on how I like these, but the stock cluster will still hold: oil pressure, fuel tank level, voltmeter, tach, speedo, water temp - with the gauge pod holding AFR, oil temp, and EGT, with boost gauge in the stock lighter location :)