Lost Keys

erics3000

Mar 2, 2008
Florida
My son lost my keys and I need to start my motor it has been sitting and I just rebuilt it a little bit ago. Anyone know which wires I need to jump just so I can get her started and let it run a bit.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Your local dealer SHOULD have a record of the key based on your VIN.

I can almost promise you they will say they don't, but they DO. Insist on them checking, I've had to on several occasions. Got remakes based on the VIN as far back as an '88 (manufacture date Oct. 87 IIRC)

edit: In fact, if they don't believe you, take a smart phone and show them this post. I did it at Thompson Toyota in Doylestown PA. many other members can confirm the existence of records as well at other dealers all over the country.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IwantMKIII;1752371 said:
Your local dealer SHOULD have a record of the key based on your VIN.

I can almost promise you they will say they don't, but they DO. Insist on them checking, I've had to on several occasions. Got remakes based on the VIN as far back as an '88 (manufacture date Oct. 87 IIRC)

edit: In fact, if they don't believe you, take a smart phone and show them this post. I did it at Thompson Toyota in Doylestown PA. many other members can confirm the existence of records as well at other dealers all over the country.

Doubtful, as a few years ago most of them were purged from the database. If they still have the records, it would be on a dealer by dealer basis more than likely.

erics3000

Mar 2, 2008
Florida
I did remove the passenger lock so I can get a new key. I just haven't had the time to head to toyota yet. Thanks for wiring guys I am gonna get her going when I get home this weekend. Thanks everyone for your help

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Poodles;1752431 said:
Doubtful, as a few years ago most of them were purged from the database. If they still have the records, it would be on a dealer by dealer basis more than likely.

Guess I got lucky then. Got mine less than a year ago.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
pull the coumb covers off and the unscew the switch, you can turn it with a screwdriver to start it. the steering lock will still be engaged though.