Loss of Oil Pressure Under Hard Braking

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
At the track yesterday, several racers noted how well the car scrubbed speed while braking hard before a corner; I'm talking about going from 110 to 50 in one hundred feet on turn one, then in another 10 seconds in turn four, from 80 down to 50 in under 100 feet, and lastly, another high speed braking zone in another 30 seconds at turn 10, from 130 down to 60. I was not experiencing any brake fade during the twenty minute sessions. I hadn't been looking at the oil pressure during braking as I was looking where I wanted to go. The driving school instructor also didn't pay attention to the gauges as he was making sure I was doing as I was instructed.
The racers were asking me if the oil pan is baffled so as to keep the oil from rushing to the front of the sump and potentially exposing the oil pump pick up to air. I looked at pics from the modified sump in the car, but I am not sure if what I'm looking at is also a baffle or just a windage tray?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Unless there's a forward trapdoor under the stock tray you're running the risk of RKing it under braking, I lost my first 7M this way on a freeway when I had to do an emergency stop...

For your use I'd be fitting a 3Qt Accusump ASAP.