Losing boost at 6400rpm. Help!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
p5150;1170018 said:
Good find and I really hope this helps you out Jay, but I sincerely dont think that this will fix your problem.

Ditto as stated earlier I'd be surprised if it's blowing the valves off the seats at 70 pounds seat pressure but <fingers crossed> hope this solves it.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Ahhh...that makes sense concerning valve length to seat pressure.

But, blowing the valves open with 70# is still pretty unlikely.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks alot guys..............::hang::

Does anyone want to buy a perfectly good running 415rwhp'd supra with blue and white leather interior. After 13psi, you will hear your turbo spooling great, but you won't make any more power........I know, I can't explain it either.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks Scott. Somebody needs to help me motivate him. The only thing is, if he bought my car, he'd never work on his.........:evil2:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I got my car put back together today and drove it down the street and it felt awesome!!!!!

My machine shop took the head apart, checked everything and cleaned it all bright shiney and purty. Reassembled it with the proper 80# seat pressure at the correct height with new valve seals. He also checked and adjusted all of my valve shims. He did all of this for an unbelievable seventy dollars. That also included the new shims he bought for under the seats to bring the spring pressure up to eighty pounds.

I installed new gaskets and orings everywhere I could while I had it apart and I also did a lot of powdercoating while I had it apart. The car ran flawlessly, but tomorrow will be the big test when I datalog it while going to the golf course. Tune in tomorrow to see if it's for sale or not............crosses fingers that it's not.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I worked in the rain all day today Scott. I had four windows tore out of a lady's house so I had to install them to keep mother nature out. I then installed four square of cedar siding to the front of her house so it would be pretty for her Alabama football party she's throwing tomorrow.

I hope my car doesn't lose boost this time, but we'll see. It seems like the boost controller was holding steady at 15psi, but I won't know for sure until tomorrow. Wish me luck.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I hope you go run the data log on it, and all is fine from the start. If not, you have until about 2:15 to play with it before coming inside to attend service at 2:30. I wish you luck with both of these.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks guys.

The car is not for sale, but it isn't fixed either. It feels great, but it's still losing boost. Somebody please give me a step by step method to retrieve my datalog file off of my laptop and onto my computer. I've did it before, but I can't remember how. Thanks.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Can I please get everyone to start helping me again with this problem? I know you've all tried and I really appreciate your help, but there's got to be something that I'm missing.

I took the head to a reputable shop and had him completely redo the head work. I know the seat pressure is correct this time even though it wasn't bad before I took it off. I put new stock Toyota intake gaskets and exhaust gaskets on it when putting it back together so I know those aren't leaking. I'm going to do another compression test tomorrow evening when I get in to check on the compression. I will try and get a leak down tester also to do those tests on it. If anyone can come up with any more suggestions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm willing to put on a dress and do a slow strip tease around my car if it will fix this problem.

Sorry for that mental image...........:aigo:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
buckshotglass;1175167 said:
Is your intercooler semi clogged?

I'm not smart enough to agree with you here Dave.

Jay, I wish we would have tried mine on your car while I was up there. I can't even remember what was said, but it made me wonder if you had finally found the life expectancy of the Spearco replica. Mine hasn't seen near the boost that yours has.