loosing power when building boost...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
oh snap! haha. totally missed that. :(

check for a small boost leak. what grade gas are you running? vacuum leaks? odd noises?

-shaeff

Apr 4, 2005
california
shaeff said:

check for a small boost leak. what grade gas are you running? vacuum leaks? odd noises?

-shaeff

um vacune is at 19 psi(im not sure what its messure...) some cheap ebay one so its inaccurat... but my ebc is reading at .62-.65

and im running 91

no odd noise

87supraturbo19

pearl white
Jan 16, 2006
Springfield,MO
shaeff said:

-shaeff
i would go with the boost leak, a very small one.iam having the same problem. mine hasitates,but when i have it completly to floor it cuts out.

Clifton

Apr 5, 2005
Scottsdale, Az
Do you have a wide band? What's your a/f when the problem occurs? Also why does everyone say, "maybe a boost leak". I have never heard of so many cars that could have or do have boost leaks. Does the plastic piping crack or something?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Clifton said:
Do you have a wide band? What's your a/f when the problem occurs? Also why does everyone say, "maybe a boost leak". I have never heard of so many cars that could have or do have boost leaks. Does the plastic piping crack or something?

yes. the stock rubber piping gets brittle over time, and tends to crack at the hose clamps, thus causing boost leaks. the one right off the bottom of the turbo is usually to blame, as it's near the heat of the exhaust constantly, and sees the highest temperatures.

other times, the crappy worm gear clamps loosen up, and pressure bleeds out through the loose fittings. it happens all the time. :(

the rubber piping also gets deformed easily, especially if you take off and replace the pipe between the fender pipe and the 3k pipe. the ends get a little bloated, and tend not to seal as well as they used to.

-shaeff