Loop Idle Problem

lilmartian09

Apr 1, 2010
El Paso, Texas, United States
Have a loop idle. All the vacuuming is good. IAC is good. Here is the problem. If I fill up with full tank it does the loop idle. But if it's at or under the 1st quarter tank it idled fine. I am missing my 02 sensor, heater bypass valve and my fuel vapor canister. I ran the fuel vapor straight to bvsv. Any thoughts as to why this happens. Thanks

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Really should hook it up. There is nothing to gain by not and your only losing.

Also by not hooking up the charcoal canister and running the line how you did you basically have a vacuum leak.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
I apoligize and retract my statement. I was under the impression that the o2 sensor tells the TCCS the air/fuel mixture and then TCCS would make adjustments that would affect the idle. I guess that doesn't happen at idle, and if it did it's really not a big enough adjustment to affect anything other than emissions/fuel mileage?

For the original thread question. I think that you should look into how that fuel vapor is routed especially since you said the amount of gas in the tank affects it.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
It does, but its only a trim sensor. Also, when the ECU sees it's unplugged, it will run off of stored values.. hell, your car will run without an afm. Not well, but it will run.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
If the O2 sensor is disconnected the fuel trim just gets set to 100%. Whether that's good or bad depends entirely on what other things have been hacked up on the engine. But as noted earlier, what's the point?

I would pinch off the jury rigged vent line and see if that does anything.

lilmartian09

Apr 1, 2010
El Paso, Texas, United States
Thanks on info guys. Problem has been fixed. The throttle body air adjustment was all the way open. I have also found out that if coolant doesn't get to iac it does that loop idle as well. On a side note. 2 reasons I don't have o2 is the mounting on dp is fucked and the wire is cut. I've heard too many bad stories of the solder messing up the current in the wire thus giving a bad signal to ecu. Don't have any issues without it. If anything it helps me