looking for second opinion

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
super51fan;2016600 said:
The blue supra was switched to 8V3 a lexus color. Close to the factory blue. We did not paint jambs and under hood.

Go for it.

How much paint did it take in sprayable amount i was thinking around one gallon

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
One gallon of color. Not reduced. and gallon of clear. Not reduced

Big mistake on last coat of clear. The painter hit a panel and sent alot of dirt into the air. It took two wet sands and 3 buff jobs before totally happy with the paint job.

In hind site i should have stopped at car wash and blasted car with pressure washer. I saw them blow car off with blow gun several times as well as wipe down after all body work was done. However car had set for several years and all it took was one last tip of clear spray gun to find hidden pocket of dirt. BTW I am very picky when it comes to paint. Outside in day light you could not see any dirt in the paint however under the gararge light you could see some dirt in the paint. The car look great now.

Good luck

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
super51fan;2016836 said:
One gallon of color. Not reduced. and gallon of clear. Not reduced

Big mistake on last coat of clear. The painter hit a panel and sent alot of dirt into the air. It took two wet sands and 3 buff jobs before totally happy with the paint job.

In hind site i should have stopped at car wash and blasted car with pressure washer. I saw them blow car off with blow gun several times as well as wipe down after all body work was done. However car had set for several years and all it took was one last tip of clear spray gun to find hidden pocket of dirt. BTW I am very picky when it comes to paint. Outside in day light you could not see any dirt in the paint however under the gararge light you could see some dirt in the paint. The car look great now.

Good luck
thank you for info I will be painting the car in a professional paint booth so I hope I won't run into any of those problems but my luck when it rains it poors ya know