Looking for help

Destruct

Sep 28, 2011
Mcallen Tx.
Well just bought my Mkiii and looking for help on a set up. What the car already has is: T3 57 trim turbo, new intercooler and piping, custom 3in exhaust, hks blow off valve, external wastegate with divorced down pipe and maf translator (which I have no idea how it works).

Any help would be really appreciated.

Richard

Destruct

Sep 28, 2011
Mcallen Tx.
Like is there's anything I can do to change the set up I have. Like the maf translator the car came with is it any good or should I go maf translator pro.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
What are your goals for the car?
What is your budget to get there?
How much of the work can/will you do yourself?
How much time/money are you willing to spend on maintenance?

There are a lot of MAF translators. Most work just fine. Do you know what you have for fuel injectors? It seems to me that the upgraded turbo may have been installed with larger injectors, which then necessitated the MAF translator in order to keep A/F ratios working properly, but that's just a guess.

Destruct

Sep 28, 2011
Mcallen Tx.
Supra _dan the car has a ruff idle. And it fluctuates between 700 and 1500 quickly.

Dan_Gyoba I recently pulled the motor and still have it out. I've been wanting to just go all out but it adds up really quick. What I'm going to do is replace rod and main bearing, piston rings and head gasket. I'm very capable of doing all the work myself. I asked the previous own about the injectors and no they are stock. The only thing I can't do is use the mad translator.

Supra51fan the car ran fine it just had that idle problem.

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Before you go messing with the MAF translator and all the other goodies.

Familiarise yourself with the TRSM if you haven't already: http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/
Or you can be like me and get the actual book ;) (I like having a book in front of me instead of the internet pages)

Then, trouble shoot high idle.

Make sure TPS (throttle position senseor) is in spec.

Also, ISC, IACV or ICV whatever you want to call it (idle speed control valve) make sure it is in working order as well, i.e. not sticking, if so, take the time to clean it properly, it may help.

Also something else to check, may not be directly correlated with the weird idle, but still; check your timing.

Destruct

Sep 28, 2011
Mcallen Tx.
I just pulled the motor out last weekend. I took the oil pan off this morning and noticed that cylinder #6 had some play on the bearings (rod and main). Now that concerns me I know I have to change the bearings. I've been looking for a crank and can't find one. Does anyone know where I could buy one? My locale auto parts store can order it but it's remanufactured. I went to dealer and no luck. I would like a new one.